chinense Chocolate Bhutlah SHU

Different levels of different chemicals. SHU is needlessly complicated and has some issues with that. Also never test a pepper that might look different next generation.

SavinaRed said:
Have you done a review on that one yet ? I tried looking for one but coudn't find it.
I also would love to see a review from nigel haha

I subscribed to his channel a few months back

[SIZE=10.5pt]SHU may give a detected total level of capsaicin, but with varying types of capsaicin having differing human sensory reactions along with other chemicals within peppers, while one may take a World Record, the other crushes and melts face harder.. So while one may rate officially hotter (stronger levels of capsaicin) the community may have other ideas.[/SIZE]

In the same way that the feels like temp is hotter than the actual temp.

IIRC someone said bhutlah clocks in around 800k - like the douglah, and some of these other chocolate peppers. They will flat tear you up. BUT I don't think it contains more capsaicinoids than does the reaper - which is what the Guinness record is actually about.

Jase4224 said:
So is there a general consensus that the Choc Bhutlah is hotter than the Reaper?
Last I checked, the general consensus was that this kind of Bhutlah tears people up much better than any other pepper, including the "death" strain of the reaper.

jsschrstrcks said:
In the same way that the feels like temp is hotter than the actual temp.

IIRC someone said bhutlah clocks in around 800k - like the douglah, and some of these other chocolate peppers. They will flat tear you up. BUT I don't think it contains more capsaicinoids than does the reaper - which is what the Guinness record is actually about.
There are a lot of bhutlahs, and this kind hasn't been measured yet. It's also said to be a lot hotter than anything else.

SavinaRed said:
Have you done a review on that one yet ? I tried looking for one but coudn't find it.

I haven`t had any Chocolate Bhutlah pods from Steven, so far. I`ve tried the Red Bhutlah versions Chad has that are the pre-runners to the Chocolate. Those are very hot and painful. Steven has been very busy and he`ll let me have one when he`s ready. 
jsschrstrcks said:
Chocolates score lower in shu, and seem hotter. I think there is another component at play that intensifies the heat.
I agree entirely and have been looking at the literature surrounding the possible involvement of Terpenes, which can also be tested for.

http://thewercshop.com/services/terpene-profiling-services/

Jase4224 said:
So is there a general consensus that the Choc Bhutlah is hotter than the Reaper?
If you are talking about the Chocolate Bhutlah that Standbyandfire on here has, it`s a distinct possibility. There are numerous "Bhutlahs" around that are Bhut x Douglah crosses of some sort, some named Bhutlah to cash in on the notoriety of the one I mentioned above.

I`d also point out that while the reaper holds the Guiness record (it`s a beer company, FFS), I have had many pods just as hot or hotter. That`s purely my own personal experience and I am not a walking HPLC machine by any means. 

Nigel said:
If you are talking about the Chocolate Bhutlah that Standbyandfire on here has, it`s a distinct possibility. There are numerous "Bhutlahs" around that are Bhut x Douglah crosses of some sort, some named Bhutlah to cash in on the notoriety of the one I mentioned above.

I`d also point out that while the reaper holds the Guiness record (it`s a beer company, FFS), I have had many pods just as hot or hotter. That`s purely my own personal experience and I am not a walking HPLC machine by any means. 

I would put my trust in your interpretation over HPLC every day of the week.  :P

Back