• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chocolate Brainstrain and Brown Moruga: where to find seeds?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for these two varieties, both Pepperlover's strains, but I don't know where to find the real deal.
And for real deal I mean genuine and ISOLATED.

Chocolate Brainstrain: only John Ford seems to have the PL strain, but I don't know about ISO and the shipping costs more than the seeds themselves...

Brown Moruga: Judy still has them for sale, but I don't know how old that stock is, since she seems to have stopped renewing her catalog.

Anyone can help me with this?
Thank you in advance!

GM

jedisushi06 said:
I'm growing the original chocolate brain strain that came from my seeds, and i'm growing the old brown moruga from her which was given to me from Romy6.  I can pass seeds on after i get a harvest.
That's great! May I send you a private message so we talk about it?

Jedisushi06 hooked me up with the Choco Brainstrains last fall; I'm growing them out right now. I haven't had any type ones yet, but the seeds germinated 100%, the plants are growing vigorously, and both are just vagazzled with plenty of correct-pheno pods. Like other Choco Brains and Caramel Brains I have grown, the pods start off upside-down and then flip over to normal once they get big and heavy.

Overall, I'm happy as shit with the plants. If I could stop these earwigs from occasionally tunneling around in them, it would be a perfect situation.

Can't wait till they ripen up, so I can actually try eatin'm.

Ruid said:
I've heard a couple of people on here who say Judy's Brown Morugas give the Chocolate Bhutlah a run for its money. I can see the appeal.
I believe I might've been one of those Pro-Brown Moruga people. Lol. In 2014, I got a box of fresh pods from Judy which included a few dense Brown Morugas. I've grown it every year since (this year I have 3) and I still use the seeds that I got in 2014. I've saved plenty of fresh seeds, but I have no problem with the OG's. I consider it the hottest in my garden.

Some Brown Moruga pics.

GqQh5ZK.jpg

0Md9BBM.jpg

zQzBumc.jpg

1qSwsub.jpg

XBZA1q7.jpg

yckUPJz.jpg

Inside the pungent and floral madness.
ts5OQQ9.jpg

BBSf1Wk.jpg

My gf's nephews loves supers. He's around 22 or so. One year, he ate a whole Reaper, but he's heard me say that there are hotter pods out there than Reapers. He asked me for something hotter. I handed him a Brown Moruga and told him to record it.

Later that evening, he sends a video of him about 2.5 minutes into the burn from the whole pod. He's sweating, chewing on ice, and doesn't have a shirt on. He says, "Yeah that's hot. Much hotter than that Reaper."

As the video progressed, we noticed something starting to change.
"Do you see that?"
"Yes I do."
His chest started to get a little red dot, then another, and another. Pretty soon, he was covered in hives.
mx0G4uV.jpg

No biggie, though. He didn't even react to them. It was just a spicy pod. Lol.

I also have seeds for both Judy's Brown Moruga and Cappy's Chocolate Brainstrain. (It's Judy's pepper, but Cappy grew a crop for her one year....and I'm pretty sure he's more involved than that.

I'm betting brown Morugas taste better than chocolate bhutlahs. I definitely can't enjoy the flavor of CB by itself.

Ruid said:
I'm betting brown Morugas taste better than chocolate bhutlahs. I definitely can't enjoy the flavor of CB by itself.
You are correct! I grew the Brown Moruga last year and loved the flavor. Growing Chocolate Bhutlahs this year and they are hotter for me but extremely floral, which I don't like at all.

I have several varieties of chocolate SuperHots going in 2019, including Choco Brainstrains. No Chocolate Morugas, though. But I got Naglahs, Douglahs, BBMs, Chocolate Primos...

Trying to pick a favorite or two to grow in the future. Now I wish I'd tried Chocolate Morugas as well. The pods look damned good.

Yeah I will be on the look out for these also I really would like to try a pod as they look and sound tastefully hot [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back