• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chocolate varieties

I'm interested in some of the other Chocolate varieties and am wondering if they have similar taste but maybe with more heat than the Choc. Habanero? What are some that I might try next? I'm a fledgling chilehead but becoming strangely addicted to growing my own exotic varieties. I have twenty Bhut and twenty-two Choc. Hab babies that are the same age and am comparing their growth each day. My wife thinks I've blwown a gasket!

A lot of the chocolate varieties out there are the same or very similar. For something different and extremely hot, I recommend the Douglah which is a "7 pod" stable cross

chocolate bhut has a great flavour. the douglahs are great but can have a nuetral flavour. the heat is through the roof though. the 7pod brown ant pepperlover.com has amazing flavour , huge pod size and killing heat. hope this helps you out some.

Agree with the Chocolate bhut being a good one to grow. Nice heat and produces lots of pods. Love the Douglah and the insane heat but doesnt produce very much for me anyways. That being said iv'e been growing it the last 3 years. As for the 7 Pot Brown, after seeing that video Naganumbness..SOLD. But how does it produce?

I've tasted the chocolate habanero last season and liked it alot.
This season I'm also growing the Douglah... hope its as tasty and hot as everybody says. :)

Bleash

Back