• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Cholula Hot Sauce Garlic

IMG-4397.jpg

So today I picked up a hot sauce. We don't have a huge selection of hot sauces in Denmark, at least not in generic supermarkets. 
I was not familiar with this brand, but after a quick google it's apparently pretty popular. 

Its a very mild hot sauce, I believe most people could drink straight out of the bottle, very good taste. Its vinegar based, without the bitterness from for example tabasco. After a second you get assaulted with garlic, witch is nice depending on how much you like garlic. Then you taste the very mildly peppers (Arbol and Pequin) leaving you wanting to take another sip. 

Heat 1/10 
Taste 7/10 
Price 9/10
Overall experience 7/10. 

What sauce would you recommend for someone with little hot sauce experience?
Also if anyone from Denmark know a good place to get them (without paying half a sauce in shipping) that would be a bonus! 

I would rate it at about a 6/10.
Way too much vinegar for my taste.
But it definitely works fantastic in dishes that already contains garlic. Then the score would land at about the smae level as you gave it.

I usually buy Cholulas in "Normal" stores in Denmark. I find that they generally have the original sauce, the chipotle (which is my and my wifes fav) and the Chili garlic version.
If you go to one of those stores, then be on the lookout for a Levi Roots Reggae Sauce. It has a great bbq flavour, and while it wont melt your face either, it still has a little kick to it and we find that you can use it for just about anything.
Just my 2 danish kroner

J.H.Skarby said:
I would rate it at about a 6/10.
Way too much vinegar for my taste.
But it definitely works fantastic in dishes that already contains garlic. Then the score would land at about the smae level as you gave it.

I usually buy Cholulas in "Normal" stores in Denmark. I find that they generally have the original sauce, the chipotle (which is my and my wifes fav) and the Chili garlic version.
If you go to one of those stores, then be on the lookout for a Levi Roots Reggae Sauce. It has a great bbq flavour, and while it wont melt your face either, it still has a little kick to it and we find that you can use it for just about anything.
Just my 2 danish kroner

I actually went to "Normal" but they didn't have the sauce that day unfortunately. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the Reggae sauce, I love bbq flavor. When I went there, I saw they had a "big" selection of different hot sauces for cheap, might pick up another sauce someday soon. 

Back