• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

chsy83's 2016 narrowed down glog

After much deliberation, I have sowed seeds for my 2016 grow. Though I usually over do it, last year I only grew one variety, rooster Spurs sent to me from everyone's favorite guru. I decided to only use one 72 cell seed starter.

Seeds in 2/20/16:

18 x devil's brain
18 x bih jolokia
6 x rocoto montufar
6 x birgit's locoto
12 x aji limon (Peruvian yellow)
12 x queen Laurie

030116 Update:

25387168776_2a80acb637_k_d.jpg

First 3 columns:
Devil's Brain

Next 3 columns:
Bih Jolokia

Next 2 Columns:
Aji Limon (Peruvian Yellow)

Next 1 Column:
Birgit's Locoto

Next 2 Columns:
Queen Laurie

Next 1 Column:
Rocoto Montufar

Cups are Nons:

Yellow are Red-Cored Chantennay Carrots

Lavender are Sweet Petite Carrots

Looks like a pretty good germination percentage in only 10 days.

However, they do appear to be a bit spindly, what is your lighting setup?

alkhall said:
Looks like a pretty good germination percentage in only 10 days. However, they do appear to be a bit spindly, what is your lighting setup?

Yeah . . . I was afraid of that.  Was trying to get by on just the bank of lights in my bathroom.  Probably going to have to supplement.  And bury them to the cotys when I transplant.

Great germ rates! A cheap clip on light or two and some cfl's will fix them up!!! You could put them by a window too! That sure is a lot of plants for a "narrowed down" grow!

stc3248 said:
Great germ rates! A cheap clip on light or two and some cfl's will fix them up!!! You could put them by a window too! That sure is a lot of plants for a "narrowed down" grow!

Well, I am probably going to give away several of them!  I am just going to grow in containers this year.

Back