• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Chuk Hell's Smokin' Hot Sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Chuk Hell's Smokin' Hot Sauce
Company: No company, homemade sauces for now.
Member: Chuk Hell
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients: Habaneros (smoked), garlic, onion, lime juice, carrots, tequila, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper

First Impression
I was intimidated by this sauce. Chipotle sauces are a crap shoot for me.

Taste
Smoke, heat, and a bit of sweet! That's what I taste, and nothing more. I think the crowning achievement of this sauce is the uniformity of the flavor. The label lists a bunch of ingredients, like carrots, lime juice, onions, but to tell you the truth, I can't pick them out. Why is that a good thing? Well I didn't really want to taste carrot or onion. But these ingredients add to the overall flavor and help create the perfect consistency, and it's nice to see these fresh ingredients instead of chemicals or conventional thickeners and stabilizers. I actually forgot there was tequila, and had to taste it a few times. I'm sure it adds to the overall flavor, I just had a hard time picking it out. But like I said, that's what I enjoyed, the uniformity. Nothing stands out. Everything comes together nicely for a smooth, super hot, smoky sauce with a hint of sweetness.

Overall
Definitely marketable. Go for it Chuk!

Attachments

• chuk.jpg
    chuk.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 116
Glad you liked it! I was dreading this review!

I always try to achieve a balanced taste with my sauces so yeah, hopefully the flavors blend well. If there ever is a dominant flavor it's habanero.

Thanks for the great review!

Back