• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning Cloning help

I should have started my peppers earlier...:P
So I guess my last hope is to clone off my mature plants.

humm how do you clone peppers?
Do I need to buy rooting gel?
How long does it take before I can plant outside?

I started my peppers from seeds in mid March.
The jalapeno are doing good but most of my habs are tiny.
I don't think that they will have enough time to produce pods in my short 3 month summer.
The fact that I was on vacation for 2 weeks was a big set back for them.

Fatalii has a good cloning section. http://www.fatalii.net/growing/inde...32&PHPSESSID=806249fe8dd235a7fb30671f550ca9af
I've had success with and without rooting gel but they take a little while to get big. I took clones last fall for overwintering a few varieties and they worked out good.

Sorry Habman but many of my habs and scotch bonnets are slow and weak this year too, due to massive aphid infestation but hopefully I can bring some sad ones back to life. Nagas and Scorpions on the other hand are getting humungous

Oh no! what terrible news! I was hoping that you get a massive crop of habs this year ;)

Thx for the guide. Well not what I expected about cloning. I was hoping to cut the big branches and put them in dirt and voila instant pepper plant.D'OH!

I have a friend that lives in Gatineau. I'll be sure to PM you when I go over to his house.

I should have lots of those ?vulture habs, and the cappuccino habs are doing really well, as are the Fatalii. I still have hope for some of the others too. Did you find the chocolate smelling hab in Mexico this time? I'm over an hour's drive from Gatineau but don't let that stop you.

POTAWIE said:
I should have lots of those ?vulture habs, and the cappuccino habs are doing really well, as are the Fatalii. I still have hope for some of the others too. Did you find the chocolate smelling hab in Mexico this time? I'm over an hour's drive from Gatineau but don't let that stop you.

Cool the vulture and cappuccino are my fav. Fatalii is good only for the heat so so on the taste.

>>Did you find the chocolate smelling hab in Mexico this time?
Nope. I think April-May is not a good pepper time in Mexico.
Somewhat disapointed with the results, last September was much better. AH!! that means I should plan another trip in September... for scientific reasons of course :rolleyes: ;)

I find fresh Fatalii have an awesome flavor, the dry ones aren't so good. This is my first year growing the cappuccinos, you're probably thinking of the choc.habs. I have some of those in I.C.U. right now which should recover. I also got a Carribean red plant given to me and an orange hab.

Cappuccino hab

Back