trade [closed]Trade my pods for your seeds?

have way more pods than i can ever deal with. anyone want to trade a flat rate box of trinidad congo reds for a couple varieties of seeds? im down for pretty much anything i dont have.

here are the varieties that i DO have.

http://i1195.photobu...52/Untitled.jpg

http://i1195.photobu...52/Untitled.jpg

here are the pods

image002small-2.jpg

image001small-3.jpg

full disclosure:
these plants were treated with a single imidicloprid drench back in march/april.
they were sprayed with a round of abamectin for a 2 spoted spider mite problem back in may, and they were sprayed with a single application of abamectin back in september for aphids on the new plants.

they were also sprayed with permethrin a single time for a damned tomato horn worm outbreak i think back in august? then again a single time for a different brown caterpillar thing back in early November.

I have a large variety of most of the most common/talked about peppers. Most are from pods that I've gotten from people on this site so they're OP but I'd love to trade for some pods!

I'd love to get in on this. I'll pm you what seeds I have for trade.

I'm not familiar with all the treatments you discussed. As the grower would you eat these pods? If so good enough for me.

cool cool, ill take you guys up in order of post.
TBH i dont know how many pods fit into a small flat rate box. im going to get some from the post office hopefully tomorrow. i have probably 100+ green pods, and 30 that are ripening. i also have like 100+ green Bih Jolokia pods, they dont seem to be close to ripening tho, could be a while.
these pods are just too hot for me, i like growing them tho.

cool, i guess ill stop at three untill i get a better idea of how many fit into a box.

ill open it back up if there is more available.

just to clarify. im proposing that i pay to ship the pods, and you pay to ship the seeds.

edit:
OH yea, and id love some good cucumber seeds? the pickling sort!

I do have some cool seeds, just haven't typed up a list. I'll hit you a pm in the am. Its cool if the pods are gone. I can spare no problem.

bam. first box.
IMG_2410.jpg

also, lul.

IMG_2414.jpg

i stopped picking these pods way back in like... august. i have a whole freezer shelf fulla bags of these things. consequently these are everywhere on the ground.

theres even more of them still stuck on the branches.

these plants are such a gnarly mess... they just pack on these pods until the branches break. if they dont break they end up on the ground.

I'm not familiar with all the treatments you discussed. As the grower would you eat these pods? If so good enough for me.

yea id eat them. but im not a super health nut or anything. i dont even bother to wash produce or lettuce when i buy it.

imidicloprid... think synthetic nicotine thats stronger. its infamous for killing bees and what have you, i dont think its the sole reason for dead bee colonies, but its one of them? i use it as a soil drench at like 20ml/ gallon of 1% bayer product. it keeps any sucking insects away for months...
nicotine is very very toxic to insects, im pretty sure thats why tobacco evolved to produce nicotine? anyway its not that toxic to humans, but way way way toxic to insects. its used tons in agriculture.

interesting thing ive heard... apparently you can get a fatal dose of nicotine from handling fresh tobacco?

abamectin. its produced by culturing some sort of bacteria , its extracted and purified. its a miteacide as well as insecticide effective against white flys aphids and thrips. i use it to kill mites and or thrips when they appear. if i have a noticeable infestation, ie i see damage to leaves, ill do a round of spraying which is 3 times 3 days apart each time at 2ml/gallon abamectin(product called E-pro) plus a surfactant that helps it stick to leaves and evenly coat them as well. its super non toxic to mammals, but way toxic to insects. its a local systemic so it lingers in leaf tissue for a week or so. what isnt taken into the plant is broken down by sunlight. its a pretty common pesticide, i think its used extensively with citrus trees to control leaf miners.

permethrin is a contact insecticide, i use it when i get caterpillars or worms eating my plants. its broken down by sunlight in just a day or so, so i spray it at dusk. another super common insecticide. i think the bottle says wait three days to harvest. when ever i get horn worms, i do a good spray with a surfactant, then the next day shake the plant by the trellis and watch the dead curled up caterpillars fall out of the plant. its amazing how fast they grow btw, they go from like a cm to huge ass thngs the size of my index finger in just what a week?

Awesome looking pods. Think I might try my hand at making my first powder with some of these when they come in.

you mean from the fresh pods right? you dont want that pod. it was on the ground for months.

Thanks for the treatment breakdown. Long as you'd eat em we're good. Yea fresh pods. Dry em out and grind em up. Seems like a good way to preserve some pods.

Edit: So long as eating them won't make me grow a third arm

just pulled off like 6 beer pitchers of pods off these damn plants.
IMG_2415.jpg

should be like 6 boxes of pods. why dont the last three of you guys send me your seed lists. if you dont want to trade seeds, just go onto the USPS website and buy a shipping label, then send me the PDF copy. ill slap it on a box and sent it out. make sure to put the sender zip code as 77074

darthpepper and slimbob both of your boxes are done, and going out in the morning.

i have filled, but not sealed up boxes for chewi and braves fan as well. send me your lists please and addy's , and these will go out asap. send your email too i guess, if you want to get the shipping notices.

they ones that are packed into the boxes are all like a uniform orangy red. some are slightly green on the bottom tips. hopefully by the time they get to you guys they will be good to go.

i have another 2 additional boxes worth that are like 40% green and orange for anyone that wants them. just pay shipping and they are yours. keep in mind many of them are sorta dwarfy. these plants are only getting 6 hours of sun now where they are. and its just getting colder. anyway they would make good salsas and what have you... powders too i guess, they are just not super great specimens.

these plants are probably getting chucked after this, kinda tired of them tbh, ready to move on to something else.

if anyone in houston wants them they are yours. they are about 5' tall in 10 gallons of peat mix. you can obiviously keep the trellis(for what little good they do) and container. other wise im going to chop them soon and recycle the peat.
just PM me if interested.

Back