• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds CM`s AQUAPONICS "seedling" NFT system.

I decided on a NFT / AQUAPONICS system: (wiki link for NFT)-

As I was motivated to get my first Aquaponics system together by Redeyes !
I have put together a few bits and pieces for first SMALL SCALE experiment;

Here it is so far:
60ltr turbo NFT tank.
The NFT lines attached to sub` pump.
P10103852.jpg

There are alot of holes in the line that you cant see.
I am not going to put air in yet as I hope that the trickle back into the tank will induce enough oxygen in the water.

Here it is with the seedling trays in:
P10103832.jpg

I fear there is not enough contact to filter water properly, so I will see how I go !

Both ends are open so plenty of light into the tank for the fish and the buggers cant jump out.
Will start with gold fish. And plan to plant in coco fiber or RW.
The only other thing I plan to introduce to the system is FISH FOOD and lots of em!
Running the NFT system for around 5 hrs a day total. ( this may not be enough to oxygenate the water, we will see )

I may just put this outside !
BUT I have also a 5 ft fluro reflector with 2 growlux bulbs in that will go over the top if needed.
P10103823.jpg

It will be interesting - and I hope it will be effective for seed and clones. If it is , then I will probably build a much bigger OUTDOOR system.

I will get my fish when I get my chooks. :rolleyes: (hopefully soon - just have not had time)

hey man nice set up cant wait to see it in action... i am getting my light today maybe on thurs... what kind of plants are going in there????

seedlings, of all kinds... majority chilli, some veg, herbs, see what works best. Its just a small scale experiment before i maybe look at a big pond in the back yard. I want to see whats what before i get into to it too deep.

right on man for sure i am with you on that.... i have a bunch of pepper clones ready to go in but i am waiting on my light ...

clones will be a big part of this system.
As I will use RW in the seedling punnetts.
And coco for seeds.

once water and fish are in i will update.

Back