• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Co-packer questions

Hey hot pepper crew,

Has anyone uses a co-packer called Kamuk based out of Costa Rica? And does anyone know the rules for co-packing outside of the US?

Thanks

I know nothing about copackers, but I would be concerned that a non-US based one might not fit the FDA's requirements. I think your best bet is to contact your local University Cooperative Extension (especially if they have a food safety division) and your Agriculture department.
I don't know about exactly your area, but I remember that UC Riverside (which isn't too far) has a really good ag program & extension.

For small batches and first batches, i would definitely suggest using a US company. Using a source outside usa, you could be stuck with a lot of product you cannot sell and out a lot of money.

Welcome and good luck!
SL

I know nothing about copackers, but I would be concerned that a non-US based one might not fit the FDA's requirements. I think your best bet is to contact your local University Cooperative Extension (especially if they have a food safety division) and your Agriculture department.
I don't know about exactly your area, but I remember that UC Riverside (which isn't too far) has a really good ag program & extension.
Thank you so much for the information. I'm going to check out UC Riverside and ask about there program. I really appreciate the help

Back