• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CO2 tips

I'm thinking of attempting some CO2 experiments on my peppers and Tomatoes. I was just going to do a ghetto rig with some air line tubing a bottle of seltzer water and something to act as a CO2 tent for the plant. Then I stumbled upon this http://www.planetnat...4q:216.81.81.84. Essentially 6 months of CO2 for about 25 bucks. Anyone try this product or work their own system successfully?

edit: Just did a search and found a thread that answers most of my questions. Although anyone who has used the above product I'd still like to know about it. Thanks.

I'm by for no expert, but i dont think the bottle of seltzer water will be enough, for adequate CO2. Try singing to your plants :)

Thanks for the link. I may have to try it and will definitely pass it on to some friend that will surely try it.

I did my current grow (veg cycle) using Co2. You really need 1200 to 1400 ppm during the light cycle for it to be viable. That's 6 min on per hour at a flow of .2 cubic feet in a 5x5 tent. I don't run it in the flower cycle, maybe next run I will try that.

Like everything else there are pros and cons, temperature are non issues stupid fast grow rates and aphids hate high Co2 levels.

Cons- up front cost BIG. Refilling your only tank is kinda a pain and I don't like looking like a 420 grower.

I don't believe the bag Co2 will give you levels like that.

ae9ed187a90283b8020fa05d9e82d42f.jpg

Back