• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Coheed's winter '13/2014 grow

So my 2013 plants are still outside and producing but I have started a few different seeds to grow indoors through the winter. I also realized that I had basically everything I needed to build a DWC bucket so I jumped into that as well. Anyways here's just some general pictures of some of the more rare/interesting things I've got growing now.

First is the 007 Butch T

MA Daisy Cutter (yes I intentionally cut some of the leaves off)

Hydro Daisy Cutter

Bhut Jolokia Light Green (from Bjarne)

Bubblegum 7

Bubblegum #2

Naga Suomi X Pimenta De Neyde

Bhut Orange Copenhagen

B.O.C #2

That's basically it. I have 3 C. Lanceolatum that have just broke the surface and the seeds that have sprouted from my GA3 experiment. But those pictures are in that thread. I haven't even began to think about what I will be planting for the main grow. I have until January to figure that out :-P

coheed196 said:
So the daisy cutter went into hydro on Nov 6th. I was doing a complete cleaning and everything and thought I'd see what those roots were looking like as the plant itself has grown considerably. It was 3" from top of net basket to the tallest point of the plant. 11 days later and the roots had finally reached the water and exploded because now it's 7"

The root system was basically non-existant when I put it into the dwc. It was only a 3" seedling, so really just the main root and maybe 3 or 4 shoots. This is how they look tonight. 11 days in hydro.

Now you understand why hydro plants get so much bigger, so much faster than soil plants.
that lookss sooo whiteeeeee,

So it's been a couple of weeks, I've had a few new babies show their heads and a few pods forming. I ordered some Oasis Horticubes and received them on Monday. So I promptly wet a few (read 15 lol) and went to work. If you don't know about these things, I really like them. I can't comment on how well they work for germination yet, but I love how they feel and how well they hold the perfect amount of water. They are also pH neutral if you want to use them in hydro. They are made of a foam type material (almost like that green stuff thatfake flowers are stuck in, except softer) aAnyways I've putsseeds in them and I'm just waiting for the results now. If they do as well as rapid rooters then I am like 90% sure I'll be switching to the horticubes.

Ok, on to the pics.

7 Pot Savannah

Yellow Infinaga

7 Pot Evergreen

7 Pot Lava

Bhut, Light Green

7 Pot Bubblegum

Serpent Noir (not Sepia Serpent, completely different from cmpman)

BOC 1 and 2

Finally, the older, bigger 007 that already has pods forming

That's all I got for now folks

Devv said:
Looking really good!

I see you started early, do you trim them back?
I've never started any this early and I mainly did it so I would have a few plants to keep me busy through winter. I am almost certain I will have to trim and prune to keep them small enough. The T5's aren't strong enough to sustain that many full grown plants, maybe 1 or 2 but that's it. The 007 will probably have to stay in the 2 gallon it's in until spring. Although, it is already producing.

I do the seed starting for my actual growing season mid January. Last frost this year was the 2nd week of March so it usually works out. Especially since the first frost doesn't come till Nov (this year anyways) on average though it frosts around the 3rd week of October
Also, big time awesome deal at my County Farmers Co-op. I had to go today because it was so awesome lol. 3.8 compressed cubic foot bale of Fafard Growing Mix 1 for $20.99! Don't mind if I do, I actually ended up buying two. Should last me a while (I hope) I've never used it before but I opened it up and it feels identical to Pro-mix. Ingredients are: peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, wetting agent. So pretty much the same. Anyways I was freaking excited

Back