• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Comfort Food Thread

Searched and found one 7 years ago and instead of activating a necro thread with dead photobucket links I thought might start a new one. Winter here so probably gona do some sweet stuff :D

Had a craving for eggs lately. Rye bread/tomato with a slab of Havarti, Golden berry hot sauce and harissa sauce.

RM03cAj.jpg

Dumb question #247.

Who drinks coffee while eating tomato soup and a grilled cheese?

The concept plumb evades me.

But then...

Most 'thangs do these days.

Its chilly outside so i thought it should be chili inside too.
elWgBKW.jpg

Some sofrito of onion, red bell, jalapeno, garlic, gochu, cumin and goya sazon...hey msg goes great with everything right?
pToPwyf.jpg

Cooked in a mix of olive oil and rice bran oil then removed from the pan for the beef to cook.
5WkS0tv.jpg

This is browned beef not GREYED beef. If you dont see crap caramelized to the bottom of the pan you are doing it wrong.
LbZJz1S.jpg

Add the sofrito and chili seasoning after the ground chuck is BROWNED.
6tB2qM2.jpg

After adding 8oz of tomato sauce, Mexican oregano and 32oz of no salt added beef stock the secret ingredient is added. It needed a little more liquid so it also got some homemade chicken stock.
zZO0JcJ.jpg

Now it needs to simmer until the secret ingredient is falling apart before adding the black beans, reserved onions and peppers. Plus any additional spices.

dragonsfire said:
Supper last night.
Fruit bread topped with eggs , cheddar and Orange marmalade Habanero.

daAjLbj.jpg

I love eggs so much that i couldn't not give that a "like" :)  and those eggs look great
(would like to see the yolk run on that delicious looking egg. But, I understand it's sometimes hard to capture, and not everybody even appreciates it)

I just cant wrap my head around fruitcake with eggs and cheese though  :neutral:   
I'd probably really enjoy it if i tried it, but just can't even imagine what that taste like  :lol: 
(more description on the fruit bread ? please.)

Eggs with soft yolk and habanero marmalade though  :cool:  :drooling:  nom nom nom 

:)

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I just cant wrap my head around fruitcake with eggs and cheese though  :neutral:   

I love when all the flavors of breakfast mingle. That's how maple sausage started. Jam on french toast. Cheesy grits. Eggs. Bacon, let the sweet and salty mix. ;)

Monte Cristo sammie too.

This is becoming so popular with dad he even calls and asks when im making it again.

Over 3lbs of thin sliced, slightly trimmed and marinated country style rib meat. About 4 cups of homemade kimchi
jPWpFoO.jpg

Makes a big ass pot of kimchi stew. Its now an official comfort food in this house.
SY30VXK.jpg

C51rtAP.jpg

My brother and father prefer to eat theirs this way. I still like my rice on the side with furikake seasoning on the rice.
rM5PztT.jpg

Nothing beats a fresh tomato. What the sells in stores, I don't even know what those things are.

Back