• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Companion planting

Thanks, I had put 2 fennel plants in my raised bed along with a bunch of Basil.... This says Fennel is almost toxic to Peppers... I will move them to the other side of my yard and just stick with the Basil this season and see how it does.

Thanks Wordwiz! Great link. Now I know the broccoli and carrots will have a good home over by the sage plant.... :cool:

Interesting. It says not to plant basil near sage. Last year I put lots of sage and basil close together in a long row and they grew very well.
It also says that parsley and mint are enemies. That might explain why the mint next to some parsley planted at the same time is dying. The parsley must be winning that battle cos its getting huge!

Thanks for the like I'll try some of what it says. I've been wondering about how good lots of this plants that are soposed to keep bugs away work. As you can easyly get bit by meskitos standing in a bunch of lemon grass. Lemon grass is soposed to keep them away. Still not sure about that as lots of lemon grass here and meskitos.

I have found that my chives help a bit if very very close to the chili plants. So I'm in to trying as much as I can. Would be great if they work even abit as at lest its some help

Back