• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Confused Again

I posted a pic of these, wanting to show off the size of them, and thought they were your run of the mill red habs. Chilehunter made the suggestion that they could be Congo Trinidad's due to the different sizes on the same plant, if I'm smart enough to understand what he said that is. I did plant some C. Trinidad's and had my plant markers rearranged early in the season so it is entirely possible.

So, I'm soliciting opinions from you experts. Red habs or C. Trinidads? By the way, which one is usually hotter? A big thanks to all.

IMG_4373.jpg

I will say, to me, they are rather large for red habs and would guess congos..

From what I have heard the Congos are quite a bit bigger and hotter. I got some seeds from a guy that said they grew huge and hot, also the shape looks Congo.

ok 1st off from your other thread
"However the seeds came from Beth at Peppermania, this is the first time I've gotten seeds from her, and I've heard nothing but good things about her"

I'm not implying that you got some seeds by mistake or ? from her. as I also have only heard good things about her, I was just suggesting "maybe" getting wrong seeds/plants or mislabeled from wherever, as I know (as do others) this can happen, but doubt a mistake came from peppermania.

now for the rest, only learning more about it as you tell us more info.

you did plant both red habs & congo trinidads this season, only to have the labels get mixed up. at 1st it was just a thought I had they might be congos, but now looking into red hab info they can also grow to the same sizes of congos. confusing plus they could look close to the same.

another question, did those 5 pods shown all come from the same plant ? because in IMO the 2 on the right look different from the 3 on the left. the 2 on the right look more like congos from what I grew last season - their certain red color & their own style of lobes.
I know that doesnt mean much because alot of chiles look close to being the same as other chiles.

best yet WTF are you listening to me for ? :lol: (joking around)
flip a coin call'em what you want & enjoy the great looking pods! either way both types will put out a good burn.

All five of the red habs came off of the same plant, just picked a couple of days apart.

Chilehunter I always listen to my elders.;)

Really difficult to sat what they are as the T.Congo is a more ribbed pepper..But hay seen so many differnt hab shapes this year they could be congos :)

Back