Connecting QuickBooks to Bank Account - Is It Worth It?

I finally got around to setting up QuickBooks and when I tried to connect QB to by business checking account to be able to manage my checkbook ledger from w/in QB I discovered I needed to use my bank's a direct connect service, which cost $10/mo.  Is it worth $120/yr to do this?  Is QB a paper weight if I don't?  Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

Are there ways around the fee if you do other services? Can you download and import the qib file for free? The short answer, it is worth your time to manually do the work or would you rather pay the fee. Something very nice about pushing a button and watching data get sucked in :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Are there ways around the fee if you do other services? Can you download and import the qib file for free? The short answer, it is worth your time to manually do the work or would you rather pay the fee. Something very nice about pushing a button and watching data get sucked in :)

I don't know about the download of a qib file.  I'll have to research that.  Thanks.

I've worked with QB for the last 20 years.  No need to connect directly to bank.  Receipts from my pos system sales go in to 'undeposited cash' and 'undeposited credit'.  Once those actual funds hit the account I deposit them into the main checking (where I pay bills from).  I verify the funds hitting the account before I deposit them to the main checking.  Makes monthly reconciling pretty easy.  

Back