Content falling from My Content.

While looking through another members content to find their GLOG I took notice to some thread with dark stars that are not in my "My Content". Since they have content I have not yet read, and I keep up to date with my content(thank OCD). I am wondering what causes something to drop out of My Content. Is it after so many pages go by without you commenting?

Nope, but apparently I am the only person who has noticed it. Seeing a black star means you have replied in the thread and there is new unread content. Funny to find one that is not in your My Content. Happened to me 3 or 4 times now.

Happened again.

With the Crushed Candied Habaneros thread. I followed it last year when I was commenting on Gee's process. Today I get an email that she replied to it. Went to My Content.......it was not there.

My Content is not your "followed" content. Please click Content I Follow. I see your subscriptions there including the ones mentioned.

My Content = All your content. If someone replies to a topic that you did not create you will not see it at the top of My Content. You would have to navigate back to find it, because the post was not "your" content. However if it is a topic you created, it would be at the top if someone posts, since it is yours. As long as you are viewing topics (menu on left).

Content I Follow = Your subscribed content. All updated content will appear at the top no matter the author, because you follow it.

My Content is not your "followed" content. Please click Content I Follow. I see your subscriptions there including the ones mentioned.

My Content = All your content. If someone replies to a topic that you did not create you will not see it at the top of My Content. You would have to navigate back to find it, because the post was not "your" content. However if it is a topic you created, it would be at the top if someone posts, since it is yours. As long as you are viewing topics (menu on left).

Content I Follow = Your subscribed content. All updated content will appear at the top no matter the author, because you follow it.
Ok I see how to find all and see it now, but now I am curious about something Boss.

Under My content viewing topics and posts as always I see the topics I have commented in when something new is commented. Right now I don't see there has been a response in Fermenting Peppers 101 which I did comment in at one point and it used to show in My Content when someone replied, but now it doesn't. And I do view Topics and posts in My Content. I don't mind checking the I Follow part now that you have pointed it out, but am curious what makes them stop showing up in My Content?

If it's a topic you want to follow you have to click to follow it. My Content = your content. To see your old post in that topic that was updated, you would have to navigate back to that date with "posts" or "topics and posts" enabled. It will certainly not be at the top if it is old unless it is "your" old topic that had a reply because the topic was bumped and it was yours.

Essentially, you were looking in "your" content and nothing was new that "you" created. Get it? So you have to subscribe, and click Content I Follow. :)

PS. Don't forget about View New Content (tab on right), this will show all updated content (filterable on left). This is probably where you thought you saw your old content in a new topic being bumped. But it was never in My Content.

Back