• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cooked vs Fresh and the alimentary canal.

I noticed this year when eating fresh pods that I'd get the stomach pains from hell and that would be pretty much it. Never really got ring sting from eating fresh.

Now that I've worked up the nerve to open up and eat the salsa I made that I jammed tons of peppers into and cooked, that the stomach pain is almost non-existent but it's wrecking the exit area.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of difference in how fresh vs cooked peppers hit you in the gut and where?

yep but I think it is the amount that I eat, not that it is cooked or raw.I eat my douglah poppers and have learned not to eat more than 3 a day!! I ate 5 once and never again, I thought that I would have to lift the lid and sit in the water!! :onfire::onfire::onfire:

I ate 20 hab poppers one night. I didn't get the jackhammer stomach 'thang til the next day....along with projectile molten magma pooping and burning Hunan hole. Mixing in some habs and cooking with them usually has no consequences but eating them fresh there is always hell to pay.

I find that it's not fresh vs. cooked but rather the amount eaten at one sitting. I can usually get away with half a Fatali chopped onto some dish with no consequences. Any more and I can feel rumbling in my stomach.

Diabolus said:
I find that it's not fresh vs. cooked but rather the amount eaten at one sitting.

I agree with this statement, & then its how well your body is used to you eating chiles. keep training your body & one day you might be like IGGY eating insane ammounts of chile products :mouthonfire:

IT seems to be completely random for me when i think im gonna be hurting on the procelain i'm not then when i'm not expecting usually i am, very incosistent with me.

Back