• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Coolers

I already have a grow room on the other side of the garage that is a little bigger. This is for cold storage of veggies for the farmers market. I am still trying to decide the best place to mount the condenser and cooling unit.

I would say follow the instructions for the condensor to the T.

As for electrical...
You must have the right voltage for electrical. After long runs, the voltage drops so if you are over, say, 75 feet, I would go up a size in wire to account for the voltage drop. Do it right. If you do not know what you are doing, call your electrician friend (I know everyone has one). (S)he'll be able to tell you what to do. The connections at the condensor itself is most important but the right size breaker and connections (not overtightened) int he panel are crucial as well. The wire run must not have any nicks or cracks in the outer jacket. If there is, don't just say, "oh well," and move on. Put a junction box and splice it correctly. Remember when you are making your final connections and if you are using insulated wire nuts, they should be there just to insultate. Never twist the wires together with the wire nut. Use plyers. It's best to do it right before the fire starts due to improper wiring.

If you need any online help with this, let me know.

Thanks,

The electrical is a pretty short run, about 20ft from the box. Its only a 1/2 HP motor so its going to have a dedicated 15A 110V circuit running to it on 12AWG. I educated myself on wiring pretty well when I put up my greenhouse so I am pretty comfortable with that part.

I have decided to have a professional HVAC guy come and install the condensor since there really aren't any instructions and my state won't let me buy the refridgerant anyway.

The questions I have yet to answer are to do with mounting the cooling unit and the condensor. The cooling unit looks like it can mount anywhere on the ceiling and I need to drill a hole for the plumbing. I am considering mounting the condensor on the outside of the garage about 6ft off of the ground which should keep me from hitting it with any of the implements that I might be driving around with. I will try to post some pictures of the rest of the kit to see if that leads anywhere.

Back