Coolers

I posted this in grow tech as well, but maybe I can get some advise in Kitchenware. It doesn't really fit either section very well, not in the kitchen, not used for growing.

Just got this walk in put together. Anyone ever install one of these? Any tips on wiring and installing the condenser?

photo(1) by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

[font="Calibri""]The wiring is the easy part.[/font]
[font="Calibri""] [/font]
[font="Calibri""]The condenser could be a little more involved. Is it a one or two piece system? [/font]

i assume you've already purchased the refrigeration aspects of the cooler but if not you should check out an item called a cool-bot. it allows you to use a window air conditioner to cool to much lower temps than usual. my microgreen distributor has a 12x18 walk in that has worked flawlessly with the cool bot for 3 years at this point- total cost of refrigeration side of it was under 800 bucks.

i'm going to be building a walk in with one over the winter.

[font=Calibri"]The wiring is the easy part.[/font]

[font=Calibri"]The condenser could be a little more involved. Is it a one or two piece system? [/font]

Yes it is a two part system. The condenser is a remote unit that will sit outside the garage. Wiring doesn't concern me too much, but the wiring diagrams are a bit sketchy. There really isn't much in the way of instructions with the whole thing, just a few diagrams.

i assume you've already purchased the refrigeration aspects of the cooler but if not you should check out an item called a cool-bot. it allows you to use a window air conditioner to cool to much lower temps than usual. my microgreen distributor has a 12x18 walk in that has worked flawlessly with the cool bot for 3 years at this point- total cost of refrigeration side of it was under 800 bucks.

i'm going to be building a walk in with one over the winter.

We were going to go the cool-bot route to begin with, but then we got a $5000 grant from the Farmer Veteran Coalition and they were much more apt to purchase this for us over a cool-bot. They just didnt want to cut 4 or 5 checks to different companies in order for us to build everything ourselves with a cool bot. I know lots of market farmers that have them and love them. Our next investment is going to be converting a 4x8 box trailer into a rolling cooler using a cool-bot so that we can reach markets that are farther away next year.

Back