• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Correct me if I'm Wrong..

Check it out...
wlYQCCR.jpg

thanks for the advise. I did hear that they were hottest when they turn from green to their respective colour.

I will let them go a little longer next time. Thanks,

Craiggger said:
thanks for the advise. I did hear that they were hottest when they turn from green to their respective colour.

I will let them go a little longer next time. Thanks,
When they said when, they don't mean as they transition. It's like saying you can vote when you turn 18. They mean after you've done that, not the exact moment it happens. Besides, they taste like shit when they aren't fully ripe.

The capsaicin production gets lower, but it's still building and piling up in ripe pod. They also get their specific taste when they get fully ripe. Keep them attached for a week or so more, shouldn't hurt. Well, depends on what you plan to do with the peppers.  :onfire:

Tarzan said:
The capsaicin production gets lower, but it's still building and piling up in ripe pod. They also get their specific taste when they get fully ripe. Keep them attached for a week or so more, shouldn't hurt. Well, depends on what you plan to do with the peppers.  :onfire:

Ok, sounds like a plan.

I am dehydrating them and then making powders. i find that to be the best way, for me, to keep them.

I was making sauces out of them last year but its too much trouble and mess and the thought of my little guy getting scorched by a utensil that wasnt washed 100% is frightening. The powders let me add the heat and flavor to anything and it goes a long way.

Back