• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Count Dracula

Grew a Count dracula this year, very cool plant. It's mostly a novelty but I actually think I can make a good sauce with the fruit.  My problem is yields.  It has been very sparse in the berry department and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.  I have been doing some experiments with growing chilis in partial sun and planted it in a semi shaded locale.  Could be with its black leaves it needs more light or it could just be genetics.  So Im interested in other peoples experience with this specific chili.
IMG_0826_zpsybudstuy.jpg
IMG_0829_zpsgguj91cg.jpg
IMG_0830_zpsqqgafk3z.jpg

My guess is cause its black, and the berries turn red eventually so like Black and red are vampire colors.  oh and they have a "Bite" get it!  It is an attractive plant.  I guess if i have to grow ten of them to make some sauce next year it wont be terrible.

Those look very much like an ornamental I grew last year. I can't remember the name. It wasn't Count Dracula though. Maybe Black Pearl or Black "xxx"?
The Pods grew black and would eventually turn red. Pod size was on the small size, maybe 1"-1 1/2" long.
The plant had very striking colors between the leaves, the stalk/branches, the flowers, the pods.
From my recall it was a small compact plant with decent sized yield. Similar in size shape yield to a 5 color pepper.

Back