• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CPR Pod Test

Pod review of CPR (Chocolate Primo Reaper). This is probably my least favorite pod of the year. I forgot to include the video showing the plant, but it's not very productive. It needs an extended growing season. It did put out close to 30 pods right at the end. Not all of them looked this nice. The flavor was not good. It started out floral, slightly sweet, then turned bitter. The heat wasn't super hot, maybe somewhere between Habanero and Ghost. Probably won't bother growing this one next year. I really do like how it looks though, very gnarly shape and color.

Gnarly pod Peter! To bad it disappoints. It looked like you got lost in space for a moment there haha. I think Ill grow the Chocolate Reaper instead of the CPR.I bought the seeds from Rocco Maltesi.

megahot said:
Gnarly pod Peter! To bad it disappoints. It looked like you got lost in space for a moment there haha. I think Ill grow the Chocolate Reaper instead of the CPR.I bought the seeds from Rocco Maltesi.
Iv'e gotten seeds from that guy nothing i grew out was good.

Saw that green inside and really wondered how ripe that was?

Another great review Peter ....facial expressions really showed your dislike of this pepper.

Never growing that bad boy, that's for sure.

You have to pick those late. I just picked my first one and it was green on the inside too. I have seen 3 others say the same thing. I would bet that you have to wait until it is close to going bad before it is brown inside. Chocolate Primos rule!

Back