• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Criolla sella

I picked a couple of dozen of these pods today, and I have to say I'm very underwhelmed. They're warm-ish, but they have very little flavour, they seem dry and a bit bitter. Compare that with the bolivian rainbows, which are very hot and nice and juicy and flavourful, I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it's growing conditions, everything else I've had has been good. Anyone else here grown these? What did you think?

I love Criolla Sella peppers. Mine are plenty spicy, nothing like a hab mind you, but spicy, and they have that lovely baccatuum fruitiness. Where did you get your seeds?

Criolla sella I have grown were plenty picante and flavorful. May be your growing conditions or seed were different.

I just tasted a pod of our little plant it was pretty hot (hotter than I thought it would be) and tasted good almost juicy.

I got mine from chillibird too. its amazing how different soil or even in hydro the hydro mix can alter flavour and heat. Mine were neglected in the back yard but in rich soil which retains water well.

I love them! I had one plant that was loaded! I made 5 jars of chili relish from the harvest! I'll grow them again, got my seeds from seeds of change

I grew these this year from seed train acquisitions. I have to say I am fairly impressed with the flavor of these peppers. A crisp thin walled pepper that is sweet from the start with a note if citrus. Not a lot of heat  but enough to make it a worthwhile grow. I could sit here in the garden and eat these as fast as the ripen.

Haven't grown onmicolor so I dont have any way of comparing the two. Will keep my eye open for them though, as I have in the past.

Back