marketing Critque My Website Design

I'm putting together a site for the local farmers market and would like to hear your thoughs, the market is in the old CVRR round house that is the reason for the steam locomotive in the picture till I get a good picture of the market to use.

Anyway here's the link, I'm no site builder just trying to make something that's functional and looks nice.
http://jimsfarmersmarket.webs.com/

Thanks everyone!

Consider removing the Events section until events are available to post. If people go there and keep finding nothing, they won't return to it in the future. But if you add it on when you have something, they'll notice the menu has changed a bit, and are more likely to look at it. I like the direction you are going in so far.

1. Consider your own domain name, which can forward to this free website, if you cannot afford hosting yet.
2. Consider a logo, your company name is just text, and not even an image, just text.
3. Check your grammar. "Chambersburg(')s best kept secret since 1978"
4. What does the train have to do with what you offer? Improve the images. Nothing says farmers market.
5. It does look like a free website but it's not horrible.

When I think of a farmers market,I think of words like fresh, green, organic, healthy, farm, clean living...

When I look at the picture of the train, I think of words like polution, dirty, industrial revolution, acid rain...

It is a cool picture though!

The train is temporay till I get a picture of the market tomorrow, the reason I used it for the time being is the building the market is in was the Cumberland Valley Railroad Round House from the late 1800s to mid 1900s so I put it there just to fill the space.

I will get a domain and add the events for 2011 later this week I just don't have the list here at the moment.

It definately a free site, I want something simple so if I'm not there to maintain the site it's simple enough that anyone with basic computer skills can log in update and change.

I do need to work on a logo but for the time being that will have to do.

Thanks for all the advice I'll make some changes now and keep updating :D

I'm not the best at logos but I'll send you one and you can use it if you like.

Sent. I am no designer but thought you could use at least something besides text. :)

well, good for you, Eric, for working for the FM out there on the web.

The image I saw when clicking on the link is of the train with lots of black smoke...
(this image may have changed since posting)

history is a good thing,... linking trains and organic produce may take a little bit more creative talent.

yeah I liked the whole thing but it's an odd size to fit most of the sit templates.

I'll work with it tomorrow, I been staring at this thing half the day and most of this evening.

Thanks

Add directions/map it button.

If I don't know where it is, I ain't goin. :)

Yeah check it out now, I am pretty happy with the site over all but there is always room for improvement, Thank you all for the help and advice!

I'm adding this site to the links on my site and also the market site as this is a great little community with friendly folks, some of these site have some ignorant members that create and unpleasant environment when your trying to learn, this is not one of those site. :D
(removed)

Back