vendor Cross Country Nurseries...Now with Video Review by MGOLD

Just wanted to throw CCN in here. Great / huge and i mean huge selection of plants. Very reasonable prices from what I could tell. This was my first year to grow any "exotic, superhots" and I learned about CCN from the fine folks here. I placed an order and received my order very quickly and everything was in excellent condition. All my plants survived and grew and produced wonderfully. So in summary I would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to buy seedlings.

I only have one gripe and that is the 12 plant minimum order. I understand their reasoning though (due to shipping costs and such)

Website for them is www.chileplants.com

I just recieved my order on thursday (5/3).
Plant look great considering they spent 3 days in a box from Jersey to Colorado.
Two were a little yellowed, but after being in the Colorado sun a bit they are greening up nicely.
I decided to make the purchase to have "Back Up" plants after viewing Mgold86's review.
I'm definitely impressed with the size and condition of the plants.
Now it is up to me not to kill them....
Here's a list of what I ordered from them:
7 Pot
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Yellow
Bhut Jolokia
Condors Beak
Devils Tongue
Fatalii
Black Habanero
Red Savina Habanero
Red Scotch Bonnet
Trinidad Scorpion X2

good price and insane selection available. I would purchase from them again..
Thumbs Up Here!

I met Janie from Cross Country nurseries about 2 decades ago when her and her husband visited our gardens in Norristown, Pa.
It was a great get together, and instantly it was apparent that Janie KNEW her peppers and varieties.
We had an awesome time comparing notes on our love for Chile Peppers.
I've sent many customers her way in the last 20 years and they have been very satisfied.
Hey Janie.....Silvia said you all spoke and you're going to visit us here in Myrtle Beach. Just give me a heads up on when you are coming.
Looking forward to it,
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Here's my CCN peppers in their home.
Now they're just getting used to the Colorado sun.
IMG_3168.jpg

I ordered last week and they arrived today, two days into the east coast window. Very fast shipping (within 24 hours from UPS drop off to delivery), but granted they were only coming from Jersey to Baltimore.

I ordered 2 each of Bhut Jolokias, Naga Morich, 7 Pot Douglah, Trinidad Scorpions, Purple Jalapenos, & white habaneros. They all arrived safely and looked pretty good, a few had some slight yellowing and were wilting a tad but it's most likely just from the shipping. The superhots are definitly smaller in size and maturity than the habs and 'penos.​

380357_412068935504020_100001027509884_1295639_421271713_n.jpg

As stated, they have a 12 plant minimum, but they're prices are quality are awesome.​

This was my first year ordering plants from CCN. So far so good besides the plants not being hardened off very well. I had to do it myself longer then usual. Did not have them under direct sun for a couple days and when I put them out for a couple hours early morning a few of the plants were burnt. They bounced back so it is all good.

Received some plants from RFC the same time and did not have this problem.

I received mine April 30th. They were all in good condition, some a little light in color, but not a big
deal, since repotting and a little sun takes care of that. I wish I had noticed the eggplants before, I
would have ordered some Kamo eggplant. I did order 7 pot, red savina, some bird peppers, honduran
wild, sport pepper, takasume, antillias carribean.

So my order arrived yesterday 5/23/12. I was very impressed with teh meticulous care that went into shipping the plants. They exceeded my expectations in every way. This was my first time ordering online and I would definitely order from them again in the future. 2 thumbs up to CCN. :)

First of two CCN orders arrived today, 3+3 eggplant and 3+3+3+3+3+3 peppers, along w/ some supplies. All of the plants were nicely packaged in well-designed little cardboard carrier things (which are definitely more effective than the popcorn packing material scenario from Hirt's). Everything looked really good, and there was not too much leaf loss, and it was only at the bottoms (which I'll likely be burying anyways). It's tropical weather conditions here atm, so I put them in a tupperware to act as a windbreaker, but will leave them outdoors, under roof overnight (it's absurdly humid, and I don't think they need water straight away). The neighbors south-facing wall is white and reflects a ton of light - I know because it washed out the projector - so they can hang out where they are for a few days and enjoy the thnderstorms and the breeze ...

There was this one leaf on one of the eggplants w/ tiny little round holes, not a big deal, didn't notice any bugs. I've never grown an eggplant, so any input on what would possibly make those would be appreciated!

Next week I'll receive 6 different tomatoes, a boatload of tepin, and a bunch of medium-hot selections, and that'll do it until I grow out some seeds for the next round (or if I decided to move into the backyard, too) ... That zany Larry guy on Youtube w/ the rain gutters has me pondering adding more grow.

PS - I'm sure this won't be the last picture w/ one of the Kennedy's (my cats) ...

photo6.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

Grant, those holes are from flea beetles,they love eggplant. Make sure you harden those CCN plants for a long time. I ordered from them last year and it took a long time to get them acclimated. I'd imagine the Florida sun is rocking right about now. You are going to see some yellowing and lower leaves drop also.

Grant, those holes are from flea beetles,they love eggplant. Make sure you harden those CCN plants for a long time. I ordered from them last year and it took a long time to get them acclimated. I'd imagine the Florida sun is rocking right about now. You are going to see some yellowing and lower leaves drop also.

Thanks for the pest ID!

It's been ridiculously hot the past 3 days or so ... 90-95F w/o much humidity! I let the first dozen plants hang out on the edge of the car port for 2 full days last week, I might let the next couple dozen have almost a week, I think ...

I just had that moment outside a few minutes ago when you realize you have a lot of plants to care for and it's HOT out ...

Updates on anyones plants from here? Most look good for far. One of the ones that was marked as a normal Bhut is a bit odd looking tho. Has put off some peppers that turn yellow small around but long skinny and very wrinkled. Believe i had two normal Bhuts the 2nd is just started to pod up good so will see if they turn out the same. Will update soon with some pictures.

Hey guys, I have the great fortune of living only about 25 minutes from CCN. In the Spring, you can actually walk on in, and select the plants for yourself. I've purchased 50+ plants from there and have never had a plant fail or not bear fruit. I usually go 2-3 times in the spring and the best part is that that the majority of the plants are only $2 when you go there in person! Superhots are typically a bit more. If you live within an hour and love chiles, I highly recommend making a visit in April. They have a buttload of basil and tomato varieties and eggplant too!
Here's a link to an article I wrote about CCN in the Spring.

All of the plant markers in this pick are different pepper varieties.
041611172912.jpg

I am working mainly off plants I got from Cross Country Nursery a few weeks ago. Great service and the plants look absolutely amazing and i highly recommend them for anyone starting out like me :)

I got the following plants:
7 Pot
Datil Sweet
Fatalii
Chocolate Hab
Jalapeno Jumbo
Limo
Marconi Golden
Thai Yellow
Black Cherry Tomato
Cherokee Purple Tomato
San Marzano Redorta Tomato
Sunsugar Tomato
Black Beauty Eggplant
Cloud Nine

and my friend got a Bhut Jolokia,Red Savina,Solar Flare and Trinidad Scorpian

I will be including them in my upcoming Glog so you can watch the progress!

I just found this or I would have posted this sooner. I put together a little thing earlier this year some of you might have heard of, we called it

OPERATION GOLDEN GARDEN

After a group of MGOLD86 came together to give him a garden this year knowing that on his return from deployment he wouldn't have much time to get something more that a few plants from some home improvement store growing. I was able to coordinate with the Wonderful people at CCN to have 66 plants delivered to his wife at his home. They arrived in great shape and she had little more to do than to just harden them off a bit and set them out for the big reveal.  We ordered:

The Peppers:
7 Pot
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Yellow
Aji Colorado
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bonda ma Jaques
Cobra
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Lemon Drop
Marconi Giant Hybrid
TSMB 
TSMB Yellow
Naga Morich
Safi Red
Trinidad Scorpion
West Indian Red

Maters:
Black Krim

Black Pear

3 plants each. I'll pm Matt and let him add to this if he want but I for one will not hesitate to order from them again. For them to pull off (1) a large order, 66 plants of 20 different peppers and 2 tomatoes (2) Shipping them to a different address than the billing address (3) plants arrived in very timely manner and in great shape as smoothly as they did speaks volumes to the great operation they have going on.

Ordered a few last spring. Mighty fine plants for sure! The minimum order can make it costly, but what I did was split an order with someone close. Made it less expensive. Customer service was right on too. Thumbs up!!

Back