• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding Cross Pollination ?

I would try to stress the hots with no water til the leaves willllttt. See if that gets them back in line.

Thee of little knowledge has spoken

Thanks. I shall try stressing the plants as you suggest. I have been watering and fedinfg with standard tomato food regularly, the result being that I have lots of big, glossy green pods with not a trace of heat.

Myles

Thanks for your penetrating analysis. You must make a lot of sense for anyone who knows what the hell you're talking about.

Btw I would not dream of putting a pepper anywhere near my ass.
He was talking about the bag you used for reference on the table. Must be a translation problem somewhere from being bad ass to putting a pepper in your ass. Chill dude he was making a funny :lol:

Lol. The guy made that comment and he had joined the forum that day. I love people that make an a$$ out of themselves over something funny they don't understand.

OK I have another weird one. First off if anyone wants Jimmy Nardello X Cayenne seeds let me now via PM.

So I know last year I had a lot of cross pollination and I am sure this year too. Next year I am using all new/pure seeds for everything. Here is one maybe some of you can help me with. I have a plant with some odd things going on.

First off the leaves from the mystery plant look Hab-ish to me
102_0471.jpg

Here is one of my true Hab plant leaves
102_0473.jpg

Here is the Jimmy Nardello(Nard) leaves
102_0472.jpg

Now it has leaves like a Hab but the pod looks somewhat like a Nard without the wrinkles under the shoulder.
102_0475.jpg

102_0474.jpg

And for comparison here is a young Nard
102_0476.jpg

I can't wait to see what it turns to and tastes like. I swore this was a habanero until these started forming.
Anyone have an idea?

He was talking about the bag you used for reference on the table. Must be a translation problem somewhere from being bad ass to putting a pepper in your ass. Chill dude he was making a funny :lol:

There is a translation problem. It's like Occar Wilde said, " two countries divided by a common language". Now that is funny !

I am editing this post to tell you that I forgot to say that my reply was also meant to be funny; it's known as acerbic wit.Ditto pepper up your ass.

Btw I guessed that "bad ass" meant something like bad shit but you will have to tell me what you mean by " bag".

Thanks for the info.From what I have gleaned elsewhere it seems I have been overwatering the plants. I shall try stressing them as suggested elsewhere.
Regards,
Myles

My pleasure miles, anytime. Good luck with the stress test.

Lol. The guy made that comment and he had joined the forum that day. I love people that make an a$$ out of themselves over something funny they don't understand.

I bet you also enjoy shooting fish in a barrel and laughing at the Amish. Some people have all the fun.

I bet you also enjoy shooting fish in a barrel and laughing at the Amish. Some people have all the fun.
Myles I apologize for the comment about your lack of understanding the corn nuts humor. Read the bag in the picture on the first page of the post from when I started it. Then start one with your question. And always remember we love pictures.

Also good luck with your plants and the stress test.

Myles I apologize for the comment about your lack of understanding the corn nuts humor. Read the bag in the picture on the first page of the post from when I started it. Then start one with your question. And always remember we love pictures.

Also good luck with your plants and the stress test.

I have looked at the picture and now see the point. However, at 79 I had a hard time standing on my head to read the print. No need for an apology; let's treat it as a bit of banter. Thanks for your good wishes. I will report back on the outcome of the stress test.

In case anyone wants an update. Last year I grew Habs, Cayennes and Jimmy Nardellos.

100_0569.jpg

These are a cross of Jimmy Nardellos and Caribbean Red Hab. Definitely not Cayenne. Now I get to see over the next 2 seasons how it stabilizes. Sweet and hot.

100_0570.jpg

Thank the lord for nice people that don't grow, or live close to other hot pepper growers, and are allowing me to plant 1 or 2 plants in their garden to get pure seeds if you call a cross pure. lol

Back