• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Cross Talk

Starting to get some color!!!  :)

fNNKFmd.jpg

Reactions: SL3
Lots of lovely chilies, but is this a chinense only topic ?  :confused:

If so, you better report this post, because here is my peach coloured baccatum  ;)
019_zps04fd3dce.jpg

Aji Benito X Blondie F2. Selected for pale colour and round "stuffable" shape. Heat level near Blondie (earlier reported heat near Aji Benito, but more tastings has conviced me it is hotter).

That's a beauty
How is the taste other then heat?

arijer said:
That's a beauty
How is the taste other then heat?

Thanx arijer. It has mostly the red baccatum taste of the Aji Benito, mild, fruity, some use the word floral. Maybe a bit less taste, or is that because the eyes see less colour ?!?
But it is not at all the strong perfumed taste and smell of the chinenses.

I don't know what color it will turn yet but I think it's already pretty!!  Wish it will stay that Vibrant but don't think it will. 

k5X1Ei1.jpg

The Mother was a Yellow Trinidad Moruga, But what the Dad was isn't known and the other plant is growing true..  I am guessing it but it could be a Bhut from the looks of it. I just hope It's super hot. LOL

I know it would be hotter if I wasn't watering as much as I am but trying to get more pods to set as time is running out to get good seeds before frost.   

Pretty sure its going to be really a butt kicker for you.     I have one that is some sort of a 7pod that ripens from a very light green to a deep rusty color when ripe, this one self seeded from last year.      It came up in a really shaded area and has about 20 light green very bumpy and wrinkled pods some are slightly twisted most of the pods are 3 months old and have not changed any color except for two that ripened in july none have ripen since then.  My Chocolate Bhut X Yellow 7 Pod/Pot F8 Chocolate strain is a real killer heat wise Huge pods on it.
I don't care for the taste that much as it has a grassy bitter taste even when very ripe so I might have to cross it with something else and hope it taste better. I got the Seeds from Chris (cmpman1974) I think a lot of other people are growing it also, So I don't think Chris would mind if I cross it again with something that has more flavor to it.

Well It's ripe, will wait one more day to pick it.  Maybe getting real hard not to pick it lol.  The Color to me isn't red but a Tequila Sunrise Orange, I have never grown a people this color before so not sure what color I should call it. It to me is a little more Orange in RL then in the pic.    Ok I just have to pick it..  Can't wait any longer..  

DDvntwC.jpg

Also I Finally Have 2 of my first Hand pollinated cross, It's mother is Black and Dad is  Chocolate, but that's all I am saying right now, it should be a Horrible Tasting pepper and oh yeah Very hot.. can't wait to grow some seeds out next year.  I must have hand pollinated 50 flowers to get the two.   

HvitLEh.jpg

ikBn4ke.jpg

Ok So I picked it, Yep it's hot I cut it in half and see the little piece I circled, I cut it off thinking I could get an idea of it's Flavor,, Well that little piece was was Strait Hot, I can't say it's the Hottest I ever tried but it's up there.  As for the taste it is very nice tasting what I could tell not bitter at all like a T.S. a real nice pepper taste to it.     I will be growing some F2's next year  

WQriZBu.jpg

Mr. Hill said:
No not yet,, I put am emptied tea bag over two flowers to keep bugs out now, I have two pods that should be self pollinated that are just starting to grow!!!   I just hope it's not to late in the year, but should be no frost till clove to Nov here.   
What a cool idea!!! I was thinking brown paper bag over a branch would work but your idea rocks!!
Sorry for off-topic but couldn't help myself ;)
Mr. Hill said:
Ok So I picked it, Yep it's hot I cut it in half and see the little piece I circled, I cut it off thinking I could get an idea of it's Flavor,, Well that little piece was was Strait Hot, I can't say it's the Hottest I ever tried but it's up there.  As for the taste it is very nice tasting what I could tell not bitter at all like a T.S. a real nice pepper taste to it.     I will be growing some F2's next year  

WQriZBu.jpg
Gorgeous fruit. Same color as a tangerine.

Hawaiianero said:
What a cool idea!!! I was thinking brown paper bag over a branch would work but your idea rocks!!
Sorry for off-topic but couldn't help myself ;)

Gorgeous fruit. Same color as a tangerine.

I would think a paper Bag would block to much light, I also use Masking tape over  flowers taping the peddles shut before they open, that gets a few seeds but works most times from letting things get to the flower.   I tap on the stems with my fingers to knock the pollen around. :)
Nova said:
Not jam packed full of seeds either.
Could call it Tangerine Zeppelin :D

LOL How about Tangerine Hindenburg, as it will light you on Fire. LOL  I know Bad Joke. 

Mr. Hill said:

I would think a paper Bag would block to much light, I also use Masking tape over  flowers taping the peddles shut before they open, that gets a few seeds but works most times from letting things get to the flower.   I tap on the stems with my fingers to knock the pollen around. :)
LOL How about Tangerine Hindenburg, as it will light you on Fire. LOL  I know Bad Joke. 
Led Tangerine? Beautiful to look at but will drop you like a lead weight if you don't give it the respect it deserves :fireball:

Back