• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding Crosses to try.

Hello, Cruzzfish here. I was thinking of making my own strains of peppers, both for a hobby and a research project, and would like opinions of what would be a good idea to try. I was thinking for growing three strains of each cross to get max genetic diversity without talking up an infernal amount of space.
I was thinking:
Ghost scorpion pink x carolina reaper (I think enough people are trying this as is, let me know if it wouldn't be a good idea)
Reaper x sunrise scorpion
sunrise scorpion x 7 pod giant
halloween pepper (pumpkin hab x ghost scorpion/reaper*unsure of which)
roatan hab x giant white hab
carolina reaper x chocolate bhutlah, if I can ask the growers for a flower off of one to use the pollen of, if not then a chocolate butch t or chocolate moruga(if I can find seeds of those, pepperlover nor refiningfire have them)
yellow moruga x jays pink ghost
scorpion cardi x reaper

are you refering to jays peach ghost scorpion when you say pink? i think jays peach with a moruga sounds really cool. i recently got into crossing and i just sucsessfully had a fruit set finally after various flowers i tried, i crossed a douglah with naga viper unknown cross :party:  next year i will be crossing various varieties.

Yeah, its the peach ghost. I wish I had a douglah that would fruit, but mine cannot recognize pollen for some reason. Do you know of any videos that I could watch to remove the pollen from the flower before it opens, just to make sure its actually a cross so that I don't waste time growing the same thing over again. I'm def. making a yellow moruga ghost now. Not sure if i'm going to eat the end result tho, the ghost scorpion I have looks evil. Should be a review of it by me and a friend on YouTube in a week or so, if anyone wants to see that.

Thanks for the video, I found it quite helpful. They said pollen was good for about 5 months at freezing temp I think(youtube keeps skipping exactly what they said), so i think i'l be taking pollen samples from sunrise scorp and white habanero to mix with a reaper that won't flower.

Back