curious about 'blocking' users

If they block you, they shouldn't be able to see your posts, but you'd see theirs.  As for profiles, I believe even if they block you they can indeed see the profile.  Blocking is for posts/threads and pm's I do believe.

Let me ask you this, if you are upset enough with someone to block them, why view their profile?
And the big question, why answer a question posted by somwbody you blocked? You cannot see my posts right?

Very sad and pathetic.

Oh well I guess if those answers are correct, I know all I need to know.

Thanks, no more question.
Browning said:
I've never blocked any one in my 10 or so years of using forums lol
apparently he has not either, or he would not have answered.

I am done, funny stuff.

I have someone blocked Rodney,,it puts a small line of text on threads that says "such n such "has posted ,click here to see it,,,,but if I dont click it I have no worries bro!

Kevin

wayright said:
I have someone blocked Rodney,,it puts a small line of text on threads that says "such n such "has posted ,click here to see it,,,,but if I dont click it I have no worries bro!

Kevin

so Kevin, what you are saying since you blocked them, you have no desire to see their posts? Wow, that must be a real challenge for some folks. Thanks for your 'experience based' answer.

but, what if there are other members like me that only login to make a post, then fade back into the "guest" list. a few minutes ago i was 1 of 1062 guests online. 10 seconds later i just became 1 of 156 members online. after i make this post i will fade back to guest. i could still read your post and view your profile. i may not be able to comment in a posting you made but i would still see it as a guest.

.........i guess if you had blocked someone and you were a paying member and the blocky was not, you could post in the paying members area then the blocky wouldn't have access to that area and wouldn't see your post. they could still view your profile, if they didn't login..........you just wouldn't know, at least when someone logs in you know who last view your profile.

Back