misc Curley's Red Hot Honey

Hello Hot Heads!
I've just finished designing the label for my new hot sauce, Curley's Red Hot Honey, and would appreciate your opinion.
Any comments, good or bad, and any suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Visit: My Red Hot Honey to view.

Email: redhothoney@charter.net

Thanks,
Curley, n2hot

Welcome to THP.

Opinion: She needs to look more sinister, you can still portray the "Red Hot" with a red headed female, but you need to villainize her. She looks to "mild".

first, welcome...

agree with THP, make here look like Jessica Rabbit...sultry and sinister...(well I thought JR was sinister in a way)

Welcome again to THP

First I think Hot Honey sounds great! I also think that your label looks cool if you are going for the sexy look. But if your Hot Honey is really HOT, I agree with the other comments.

Lots of hot honey products here, made with New Mexico red chile. However non of the products here have put much thought into their labels. Most look like they were done on an ink jet printer with nothing more than black ink.

As for your label, I think it looks good. Nice color combinations. However, you have at least 6 colors on there and that's going to cost a lot of money to print.

DevilDuck said:
As for your label, I think it looks good. Nice color combinations. However, you have at least 6 colors on there and that's going to cost a lot of money to print.
You can have 100 colors, it doesn't matter, when you print professionally there's a four-color process (CMYK; cyan, magenta, yellow, black) and those 4 colors are used to produce all the colors in the artwork. There's also digital printing which is full color.

thehotpepper.com said:
You can have 100 colors, it doesn't matter, when you print professionally there's a four-color process (CMYK; cyan, magenta, yellow, black) and those 4 colors are used to produce all the colors in the artwork. There's also digital printing which is full color.

You're exactly correct. And the good news is, I've been in printing for 30 years and work for a printer that doesn't mind if I run the labels on his equipment as long as I pay for materials.

As for anyone else wanting to print their labels commercially, I suggest a digital labels printer. You can Goggle and find hundreds of vendors at very reasonable prices. On average the cost of a label will add about 15 cents to the cost of your product.:)

thehotpepper.com said:
Welcome to THP.

Opinion: She needs to look more sinister, you can still portray the "Red Hot" with a red headed female, but you need to villainize her. She looks to "mild".

Thanks for the input. I may end up having two versions.

thehotpepper.com said:

That just goes to show you how long it's been since I've had anything printed! ;)

Back