• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3 2017 Keeping it mild.

Getting the Grow list together for this year. I've grown all the experimentals, this year is about crosses and peppers I know I like. 

Here's what I got so far. I may add or subtract from this list by time I plant seeds. 

Crosses

HRS X Maui purple f2
Pequin X goatsweed

My Crosses

Aji Inti f3 (maybe f4) - Lemon drop x inca berry
Aji Amarillo X caribbean red habanero f2
El Scorponero f2 Tail pheno. - Carbonero x butch t yellow scorpion
Aji Omni color x Moa bonnet yellow f1
Aji Painapple f2 - aji pineapple x butch t yellow scorpion
D3 Goat f2 - Bahamian goat x butch t yellow scorpion
Devils Prick f2 - Paper lantern habanero x butch t yellow scorpion

Others

Aji Fantasy
Sugar rush peach
Fidalga roxa (on the fence about this one)
7pot burgundy
wild brazil
sb7j
scotch brain
papa dreadie scotch bonnet select
MOA red
scotch bonnet brown
white bhut
white bullet habanero
BOC
Yaki Brown (maybe)
Super chili (maybe)
Guajillo
Orange thai
Freeport orange scotch bonnet since I can't find my bahamian goat seeds and they basically the same. 

I know guys that just bake it in the oven 350* for 30 mins when that happens.

I have used FFOF for a few yrs....only 1 time did I get fungus gnats with the soil....annoying but easy to get under control.

I have heard depending on your region for purchasing this, that it's quite common with FFOF to get gnats with the soil.

hope everything else is going well, happy growing :cheers:

After a few days I still wasn't seeing any gnats or larva crawling around so I went ahead and transplanted with it. 

Before

dZf52lM.jpg

jdcxPc9.jpg

m4FMRVZ.jpg

After

VzAbBpE.jpg

XMot9B9.jpg

2PAPNbK.jpg

I got more transplanting to do tonight. Second round of soil sterilized. 

D3monic said:
About ready to transplant these seedlings. It's a little early but i'm not happy with the medium they are in. You guys think it's too early?

Nah, go for it, Michael.  I transplant my Jiffy Pellets
as soon as the hooks emerge.  My theory is that the
roots gets to develop w/o any disturbance in the
beverage cups.  Your seedlings are robust and
should transplant just fine.

later:  Hah, I see you beat me too it, Michael!
Transplants look great.

PaulG said:

Transplants look great.

Thanks!, a few dropped their cotyledons but for the most part they still look good. Gave them their first watering since transplant today. 

Yesterday was in the 50's so I did some small repairs to the greenhouse and cleaned some stuff up in the garden. Still got a long ways to go. 

Oooooh, the 50s.... :pray: I have at least a month, more likely month and a half before I see 50s.

You have a gorgeous setup, someone like me would go overboard without a thought....

stettoman said:
Oooooh, the 50s.... :pray: I have at least a month, more likely month and a half before I see 50s.

You have a gorgeous setup, someone like me would go overboard without a thought....

It's a rare treat for here as well. Usually got blizzards this time of year. But this week there's two days in the 50's then we back to 20s-30s

stettoman said:
Warmer here too. I'd have never thunk it....

D3monic, I wanna come hang out at your roadside stand this summer!

I'm going to need to do something. 

Been thinking about opening a online store for seeds, powders and rubs. I need to look into the legality of it and how to avoid taxes. I thought I read that powders didn't fall under the same guidelines as sauces for the FDA. 

Back