• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

moruga welder said:
Everythings to par , my friend !   Great to see , and spring getting closer     :party:

Wasn't it you that my quote came from about getting face raped by the d3 goat? 

I got a big bag of dried pods in the pantry. I should make some more flakes. Maybe some can make it to New Zealand without getting pinched by customs. 

D3monic said:
I'm glad the red f2 isn't bitter. The f1 was really hot and bitter. (over 1mil-ish) 

Sounds like the Red is the keeper out of those two. I like the shape better too. Heat sounds about perfect. I'm not overly into 1mil+. Most of this years grow is around bonnet level heat.  300-500k my favorite range for powders and stuff. 

Sounds like the yellow got the bitter. I like the color but doesn't sound like it's a winner of the group. 

Thanks so much for posting this. 

Hey there are still 4 (I thought there were 3 but now looks there are a few pods tied up on the 4th plant) more of these D3 goats to go, plus 3 aji intis plus 4 El Scorpeneros. So there will be a few of these coming up soon. I'm just drying all seeds and labelling them as I refer to them here i.e. D3 goat F2 plant 2, etc. Will post proper pics of all the pods too before we chop them up as well.

Awesome, looking forward to it. 

Hopefully some are to your liking. I know the f1 of aji inti wasn't all that thrilling previous year. 

Cant wait to see what f2 brings. I really should have overwintered one the f1's just in cause nothing turns out like it. 

Yeah unfortunately all my painapples aren't fruiting yet, there were also only 2 plants I think. Keen to see what others get, maybe there is still hope for mine yet.

SentencedToBurn said:
The same ripe Aji Inti F3, still no luck with the 2nd plant ripening. Heaps of pods on it but all are still green. Might have to test this one by itself soon.

KNxhRHW.jpg

2R3eI3L.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey man, I did a quick test today, had to get my wife to help as I didnt wanna wait till the weekend and have one of my mates come over but still wanted a 2nd opinion. No other F3 plants are still ripe.

Good flavour, not too much heat but still is hot enough for what it is. I like it!

Awesome , did you detect a sour apple like taste at all? I'm happy with the shape and color

D3monic said:
Awesome , did you detect a sour apple like taste at all? I'm happy with the shape and color

Nah man couldn't tell that one sorry, it was like a juicy version of a cayenne pepper, thicker walls, etc, and better flavour and maybe a bit hotter but not by much.

The other plant looks totally different, hopefully it'll ripen up this weekend.

Back