• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Starting to get decent pods on a few plants, so now its time to start looking at phenos (minus colour)

El Scorponero has 3 definite different phenos from 3 plants so far.

"Long Pheno" I really like this pheno (isolate)

"Short Pheno"

"Gnarly Pheno" This one is pretty cool tool. I'd isolate as well. 

I'm in love with the gnarly pheno, every single pod on the plant is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! :onfire:

Also got 2 probably different phenos from 2 Devil's Prick plants. Both only have 1st set of pods, so shape may be off.

"On-Pheno" (can definitely see its namesake in this pod)

"Off-pheno" (not so much)

Hard to tell on either pheno of d3vils prick. Sometimes the phallic shape doesn't show up until later. I might have sent you the cool ripening pheno. I forget.

No pods yet on any of the 7 Pot Burg X CGN 21500 or Aji Painapple, but the 7 Pot X will be very soon, and the Painapple not too far behind (its finally starting to flower)

So, should I be isolating seed from every plant? If not, which ones (at this stage) would you like me to isolate?

All The Best, TBG.

They look great and some neat pods. Can't wait to see what colors they ripen. What generation did I send you was those F2 or F3?

Only possible problem I see with the gnarly pheno is in my limited experience those seem like the pods that have internal mold issues. I assume because the walls are so tightly folded and touching?

D3monic said:

Only possible problem I see with the gnarly pheno is in my limited experience those seem like the pods that have internal mold issues. I assume because the walls are so tightly folded and touching?
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the pheno. Looks cool tho. I'm trying to get el scorponero #6 going, which was the orange/yellowish one

D3monic said:

I think I got some orange germinated just no red yet. Hopefully soon. Can send more if you need. 
Threw some orange in chamomile tea this afternoon lol. I know you said you do overnight, but what's the longest you'd let soak in tea?

I get the feeling omni bonnet is going to be a challenge, hope someone gets those to pop.

Genetikx said:
Threw some orange in chamomile tea this afternoon lol. I know you said you do overnight, but what's the longest you'd let soak in tea?

I get the feeling omni bonnet is going to be a challenge, hope someone gets those to pop.

Not sure, currently have some pequin going on 3 days because I ran out of empty plant cells. I got a bunch of them in greenhouse but door track is full of ice and frozen shut. 

D3monic said:

They look great and some neat pods. Can't wait to see what colors they ripen. What generation did I send you was those F2 or F3?

Those are all F2. That's a shame if they do end up with the mould. Time will tell, and same goes for colours!

I'll get a few better pics of the "long" pheno for ya.

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Those are all F2. That's a shame if they do end up with the mould. Time will tell, and same goes for colours!

I'll get a few better pics of the "long" pheno for ya.
Ok cool, explains the variability. Look forward to seeing how they look finished. Be nice to find a chocolate or different yellow pheno. The yellow I got last year wasn't that interesting

So i finally got 3 tiny taproots from omni bonnet. They've been in paper towels/baggie since 1/1, so they didn't look the prettiest 17 days later. BUT, reassuring that these seeds will sprout and I bet will go faster for you and Peter. I've got another batch marinating in tupperware after an overnight chamomile bath spa. I threw my 3 sprouts in FFOF to see what happens, one of the taproots was nice and furry so I'm calling that the most promising one.

Genetikx said:
So i finally got 3 tiny taproots from omni bonnet. They've been in paper towels/baggie since 1/1, so they didn't look the prettiest 17 days later. BUT, reassuring that these seeds will sprout and I bet will go faster for you and Peter. I've got another batch marinating in tupperware after an overnight chamomile bath spa. I threw my 3 sprouts in FFOF to see what happens, one of the taproots was nice and furry so I'm calling that the most promising one.

Awesome, i'm pumped to know some the seeds are at least viable. 

Genetikx said:
D3, think I remember you saying for a better shot of that happening, mother and father should have changed spots?

maybe, the f1 was def baccatum like. Hot as hell though for baccatum. We shall see. I was only able to get one seed to germinate off the crossed pod. Maybe we could of ended up with something more chinense. I'm not very versed on genetics. I read up on it and forget most of what I learn. 

Back