• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

It's only been a few days but I found more pods, wait till the end to see something really nuts.

The lemon-esk F3 El Scorpenero Orange plant #4 above is still coming along nice and lemony:
2018-02-05_09.19.19.jpg

Here is another one that popped up recently:
2018-02-05_09.27.43.jpg

F3 El Scorpenero Red #2 Plant 1 is getting into shape:

2018-02-05_09.29.18.jpg

And check this out, it actually looks longer IRL, doesnt look as stretched out here, you'd almost mistake it for an annuum of some sort. How cool is this!
2018-02-05_09.25.58.jpg

I have been meaning to upload these pics for a week or so, so they're not super up to date.

The Long Pheno

^ This pod is bizarrely 2D.

So this pheno seems similar to the "gnarly" one, but not as gnarly, which should be a good thing if I'm thinking correctly, as it won't be as prone to the mold? 

There's also a fair bit of variation, as you can see. Same goes for the short pheno:

And the 4th plant is another shorter pheno, but has tail things:

I like the look of this one.

(More to follow)

Man those are some awesome pods!! Your season is definitely waaaay ahead of mine dude.

D3monic and yeah man that long pod is pretty new so hopefully it'll kepe going. Imagine a chinense strain that's both bumpy and long like that, would be awesome!

So one of the 7 Pot Burgundy X CGN 21500 has started throwing pods, all of them pretty much the same.

Its very pale, almost as pale as the White Fatalii's I've got going.

And the Gnarly El Scorponero Pheno is starting to show some colour!

The photo doesn't show its true colour, its a lot more orange than yellow, but not as orange as an orange. Should be interesting to see if it turns red or stays orange.

That's all for now, next time I'll probably have some pod interior pics!

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
I have been meaning to upload these pics for a week or so, so they're not super up to date.

The Long Pheno

^ This pod is bizarrely 2D.

So this pheno seems similar to the "gnarly" one, but not as gnarly, which should be a good thing if I'm thinking correctly, as it won't be as prone to the mold? 

There's also a fair bit of variation, as you can see. Same goes for the short pheno:

And the 4th plant is another shorter pheno, but has tail things:

I like the look of this one.

(More to follow)

I love the look of that first pod youre holding very nicely shaped and bumpy

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Yes, but not so bumpy that the skin is in folds, should be interesting what colour it turns out to be. I'm betting Orange, as the pods are slightly lighter than the gnarly ones, but not so light as the yellow Scorpions I've got going.

yea will probably be more of a schoolbus yelow/orange i'm betting. 

Walchit said:
El Scorpanero f2
attachicon.gif
KIMG1081.JPG
D3 goat giant f4
attachicon.gif
KIMG1080.JPG

Awesome, off to a good start. Glad you was able to get any of the D3 goat f4 germinated. I'm having pretty poor rates. Which pheno was it, the giant or the white/pale yellow?

Peter S said:
Got some Hogsweed sprouts coming up.

pl32eaql.jpg

Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turn out. Did you grow any El Scorpanero this year? i'll have plenty either way just curious. I can always send you some more this fall to enjoy. 

D3monic said:

nah i'm having trouble germinating the giant as well. I got two or three out of over a dozen seeds. 

I now have 2 F4 giants that have pods tied up, and also the Pale Yellow F4 that is about to tie up. It's the only plant (I think) of that which I had germinate and survive the spring. So looking good so far, hopefully even though you guys are having troubles we'll be able to get some F5 seeds between us.

Also check these two out, how differnet can you get from the same batch of seeds.

This one stopped growing, will probably stay this size and shape:
2018-02-08_17.31.02.jpg

This one will probably get a bit bigger, it's only about a week old maybe a bit more:
2018-02-08_17.36.00.jpg

Back