• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2016 Growlog

Well 2016 is already fast approaching and it's time to start thinking about what to grow this coming year. Last year I started seeds in mid Dec and was running out of room for plants by the time plant out finally came. I think this year I will start the majority in January. 

I was going through my seeds to send to a few and figured it was time to start formulating a list of what I want to grow. 
There was a lot that I grew 2015 that while ok, I didn't see myself growing again and a few that definitaly made the grow list again. a few off the top my head being paper lantern, baha goats and moa bonnets. Just the right heat levels and great as smoked powders. 

Here is my non official ever changing list. (so much for having a smaller grow this year...) Edited 1-6 to reflect actual current list. 

Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Mystery Wine - Joyner
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   Moa Bonnet Yellow- mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Moa Bonnet Red- Jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Aji Mango- Ozzy
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-7   Bahamian Goat (pheno from last year with nice tail) mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Mako Kokoo - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Habanero Hot Lemon - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Cor De Laranja - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Murupi Amarela- Scorched
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Cream Fatalii - Cone9
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   7pot Peach - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Ice scream scorp - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Habanero Laranjada Grande - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Peach Bhut - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   BG7 Chocolate - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Mystery Citrus- Grant
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Pimente De Breese- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Pimenta bode loranja- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Goatsweed - Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Douglah X Butch T f4- Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        SB7J Yellow - Ozzy2001
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-12 Beni Highlands - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 7pot Burgundy- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carolina Yellow Hab - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji Omni Color- Ajijoe
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Bolsa de Ducle- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Queen Laurie - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji ahuachapau - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-16 Red Primo- Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carbonero- Tony Sherwood
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Devils Brain - Jcw10tc

Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush peach- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush cream- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Rosita- Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Hot Rod Serrano X Maui Purple f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        7pod orange x Cbbg7 f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Jobito - Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Fantasy White- PeterS
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Paper Lantern Hab
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Cherry Bomb- grocery store
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Big Jim- Santis
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Mata frade- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Yellow Jalapeno- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Pineapple
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Yellow Tepin
                    Sprout:1-30 P. Dreadie Select Bonnet

My Crosses- See Crossing Thread

Flowering/producing      Aji Pineapple x Butch T yellow f1   maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Butch T yellow x Bahaminan goat f1  maybe f2 if lucky already frowering
Flowering/producing      Paper Lantern X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Not a 7pot y X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 of lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    7pot Burgundy X Mystery (I crossed it and forgot to write it down. I think it's CGN 21500 )
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5    Lemon drop X Inca Berry f1 
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    Aji amarillo X Caribbean red hab f1

Malarky said:
dat trunk!

side question michael...what do you like to do with your omnicolors? I'm thinking about investing some space growing them kindof like an ornamental border so i may end up with alot of them. They are very good fresh, do you sauce them? Do they retain their flavor powdered?

I think they are best fresh, they could possibly be good pickled or as a pepper relish. They make a good pico and guacamole. 

PaulG said:
Quite a jungle there, Michael!

Thank you sir, it's thinned out a bit. I pulled a bunch of plants as I was picking pods. I assume our first frost is coming soon. Temps are dropping. Think we are supposed to see an overnight in the 40s soon. 

Thanks for the crosses dude! Just got them yesterday, have put them to soak up and will put them into jiffies later this afternoon.

Cant wait to see what the F3 comes out like, would be sweet if all odd generations were grown in NZ, and all even ones in the US.

2016_10_08_15_57_48.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
Thanks for the crosses dude! Just got them yesterday, have put them to soak up and will put them into jiffies later this afternoon.

Cant wait to see what the F3 comes out like, would be sweet if all odd generations were grown in NZ, and all even ones in the US.

2016_10_08_15_57_48.jpg

That would be awesome, get it stable in no time. Hoping f3 stays similar to the f2 I selected those from. It was pretty tasty. 

SentencedToBurn said:
Planting them out this afternoon. I hope I have enough growbags. Will just be using small 5L growbags just to get enough fruit for seeds and testing etc. I'd rather get more plants and be able to pick the best one.

2016_10_22_09_04_29.jpg

Awesome! Looks like they are off to a good start.

What all you got going? I see the Aji Inti F3's going what's the F2 next to them?

Winter is fast approaching here. I've started uprooting plants in an effort to till in some amendments before snows hit. Last year I just left all the plants in. 

Lb16rUh.jpg

Aji Inti was huge with a crap ton of pods on it

onMLHS9.jpg

Here it is hanging

HeuDND4.jpg

Some the final pods of the season

0Znr8Us.jpg

Aji inti f1 on left, F2 multiple phenos on right

lSAoMW3.jpg

Now that it's cooler Devils prick is starting to throw it's phallic shape again

BMPXK6u.jpg

Multiple phenos of the Pequin X Goatsweed from Hogleg

V5ts5Oa.jpg

A couple branches of Aji Omni color

Ek3eXZ5.jpg

D3monic said:

Awesome! Looks like they are off to a good start.

What all you got going? I see the Aji Inti F3's going what's the F2 next to them?
Hey the F3 is the Aji Inti (Inca Berry x Lemon Drop). (got 4 of these sprouted), the other one that's got 8 sprouted (out of 10) is the D3 Goat (Bahamian Goat X Butch T Yellow).

I've just planted these two varieties into small growbags, so I won't have to move them and disturb them again. Will leave them in the heated greenhouse for another couple of weeks as the nights havent been too warm yet. And will then move them outside once it really warms up. (it's pretty difficult to even see the seedlings in the pic at this point)
2016_10_22_18_42_05.jpg

And the last two are still not all done so I'll plant them out into the remaining growbags in 2-3 days once more come through.

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey the F3 is the Aji Inti (Inca Berry x Lemon Drop). (got 4 of these sprouted), the other one that's got 8 sprouted (out of 10) is the D3 Goat (Bahamian Goat X Butch T Yellow).

I've just planted these two varieties into small growbags, so I won't have to move them and disturb them again. Will leave them in the heated greenhouse for another couple of weeks as the nights havent been too warm yet. And will then move them outside once it really warms up. (it's pretty difficult to even see the seedlings in the pic at this point)
2016_10_22_18_42_05.jpg

And the last two are still not all done so I'll plant them out into the remaining growbags in 2-3 days once more come through.

Nice, hopefully they do good for you.  I really liked that long pheno I saved seeds from. Was the best of the bunch. D3 goat all phenos looked very similar though since you're growing the F2 this winter i'm sure you're going to see a wide array of shapes and colors. 

D3monic said:

Nice, hopefully they do good for you.  I really liked that long pheno I saved seeds from. Was the best of the bunch. D3 goat all phenos looked very similar though since you're growing the F2 this winter i'm sure you're going to see a wide array of shapes and colors. 
Yeah dude, Once I have some fruit (hopefully by about February or March the latest), I can post good pics of a few pods of each plant, do taste test and then you can tell me which seeds you want me to send you for F3.

And if Aji Inti will be different in any way I can do the same so you can select the F4 seeds.

All 4 varieties are doing great, the biggest one so far seem to be the F3. I'm keeping them in these small growbags, and keeping them in the greenhouse over summer to have better handle on how much water they're getting.

Once they're flowering I'll isolate bunches of flowers and will only use those ones for seeds.

2016_11_26_11_53_05.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
All 4 varieties are doing great, the biggest one so far seem to be the F3. I'm keeping them in these small growbags, and keeping them in the greenhouse over summer to have better handle on how much water they're getting.

Once they're flowering I'll isolate bunches of flowers and will only use those ones for seeds.

2016_11_26_11_53_05.jpg

Those are looking great, that one on bottom left is going to be a biggun. Thanks for the update and for growing these out. Hopefully they produce something that's worth your while. 

SentencedToBurn said:
Ok, they're really cranking now, one of them (the F3) has got first flowers forming, can only see just. Even that one that was half dead survived, so still have all 20 seedlings doing well.

IMG_20161213_181739_1.jpg

IMG_20161213_181747_1.jpg
I'm loving it! They look great. Two on right are fairly big.

Back