• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Damn - UPDATE

Whoo-hoo! :dance:

After what they've been through, you can bet those are the strongest, hardiest plants you could hope for. I bet you'll be getting some great peppers from them!

It's also really nice to see how supportive the community here is, too. Makes me glad I joined. :cheers:

Just an update to my original post. The plants are doing well, other than the Scorpion is in desperate need of some calcium. I'm going to head down to the hydro store and pick some up. I'm hoping it'll act a little faster than bone meal. They are in one gallon pots.

The one on the right is the Trinidad Scorpion. The other two are Bhut's.

DSCN4970.jpg

Top. One of the Bhuts has some sun burn on the lower leaves.

DSCN4971.jpg

good job blister, lot bigger than my plants, and i started them in jan. my butchT's hate my weather, choc bhuts and yellow bhuts are looking good though. what's your secret?

No real secret BC. They're in pot of Promix HP with an addition of 30% worm castings for added calcium and nutes. I like to give them two feedings of 10-52-10 root stimulator shortly after they get their first two leaves and give them a good base. This year I've been adding some Alaska Fish Fert and this other stuff I have that's got seaweed, bat,rabbit and a few other types of poop in it. Seems to work pretty good so far.

The lights are on 24/7 for the first couple of months too. I'm so happy that these have actually made it. I really didn't think they would have pulled through.

Man I love stories with happy endings!

Blister if my Bhuts and Scorpions produce I'll be happy to send you some. Fresh, dried or powdered, up to you. Just keep an eye on my grow log around the end of August.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you Patrick. I continue to be amazed at the generosity of the folks here at THP. Thank you everyone for offering seed and now peppers in my darker pepper growing hours. I'm hoping that these plants are able to produce screaming hot peppers at the end of the year so that they can punish me and my friends ;)

Wow, a sad story with a happy ending... hot pepper style! Congrats, those plants are looking excellent! Those flamin' little guys are turning out to be real monsters. :cool:

After all you (and they) went through, hopefully they do what nature intended them to do produce like crazy for you. Good luck... but luckily it looks like they're well out of critical condition now, and they're taking off great. They barely even look like the same plants. Amazing. :)

Back