• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dang weather is driving me NUTS!!!

Had to scramble like a rat at 6pm, some real nasty stuff was blowing in off the mountains, temperature drop 8 degrees in a matter of a half hour, lightening showed its presents and the black sky stunk of thick hail. All plants are inside now and if it hailed, it hit the outskirts of the city.... had to fight the wife from turning the furnance on. We are officially entering our hail season which means I have to listen to the weather and plan well ahead of time. If they predict storm warnings for the afternoon, everything stays inside, if they say its going to be nice, then I have to watch the skies and if I think they are going to be wrong(which is 50% of the time) everything stays inside. On top of that, if you plan a trip to the grocery store or mall bring your old beater because golf ball hail doesn't care what it smashes into.

Heck yes I hear you on that BC, I got into my car a few days ago and headed to work than the radio said something about severe thunderstorms and "DAMAGING HAIL". I slammed on my breaks turned around and got all my potted plants to cover. I made it to work on time luckily and my plants missed out on 4 hours of sun. There have been hail warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings for 3 days now, thus far in my city there has only been a little rain. Not that I am complaining about the hail not hitting the city, but I check the weather all the time now.

Back