Danny from the UK

Hi Everyone,

Ive been growing for a few years now, have a (battered) polytunnel and large allotment plot where I grow chilli's and many other crops.

I really enjoy the bonnet taste, the UK international shop Scotch bonnets don't taste or look like the bonnets I remember 10+ years ago. Has anyone else noticed this? I loved Fatalii and made some mango and pineapple jam with them. They kinda reminded me of a bonnet? The Harold st Bart was a nice fruity surprise. I have many good looking seeds saved. The others are all new to me and can't wait to see them fruiting.

This year ill be growing (started a couple weeks ago),

Yellow 7 Pot &
Yellow 7 pot Tobago,
Bonda Ma Jacque,
Bahamian Goat,
SB Freeport,
Scotch brains,
Harold st bart
Schneider Farm Scotch Bonnet.

Ive just ordered 7 Pod Jonah yellow & Nebru 7 Pod (The Hippy Seed Company), might be a bit late starting these? maybe ill start a few of each?

I treated myself to 2 new led grow lights, a spider farm sf1000 & a Viparspectra xs1000.

As you can see, they are just beginning to sprout. I'm checking several times daily, a touch obsessed with them! :)

20240305_210037.jpg

I wonder if there are any other growers in the UK?

Danny.

:welcome:

There's a couple of growers in UK :D
Nice set-up Dan

Heres an update from yesterday. The Harold st bart and SB MOA have done the best. Didn't get a single scotch brains to germ. Just started more seeds with a heating pad.

I bought myself a decent heating pad. The first one lasted several hours and died on me. I got the temp around 26 deg Celsius.

I just started some 7 pot nebru and 7 pot jonah :)

I condensed all cells with a plant into the green tray on the right. All no shows had the seed dug up and moved into the tray on the far right to give them another chance with some added warmth from the heat mat.

I wish i had used bigger cells initially with a few seeds in each rather lots of smaller cells. They dry out too quick imo.

Welcome to THP.

Another UK’er who grows the odd plant here and there.

Harold St Bart is a great hab as well.

Hi CC

I bought a couple of Harold St Bart plug plants last year and was impressed by them. I didn't know what to expect but enjoyed the fruity taste, reminded me of the scotch bonnets I used to get from the international/halal shop.

Last edited:
Ive been digging around in my pots wondering why i have many no shows and found a few hollow seeds with this tiny maggot in there. Ive just soaked the containers in mosquito bit/dunk solution. I should have done this a while ago. You live and learn. I added neem cake to the soil but i don't think this is enough by itself. The gnats need an extra assault.

Will gnats make the plant grow a bit gnarly/twisted? what causes the weird deformed growth?

Back