• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Datil questions........(and I hope answers)

The epsom salt idea was within the context that you're not likely to hurt them by giving them a little, while if it's too dry (grass around the beds IS browning) then cutting back on water could hurt, or if too wet adding more water could hurt, and the same with some fertilizers.

Arenal Botanical Garden is right, ultimately it's best to consult an expert in the field but at the same time, there's going even one step further and instead of focusing on a plant or two, get a comprehensive soil analysis. The problem I have with that myself is it's not as though everything I grow is in exactly the same soil and I'm not going to do an analysis tens of times every year, but in your case dealing with similar plants in what is probably similar raised bed soil...

Ahhhh, gotcha. Just out of curiosity, is that what the pics look like, and will they recover? My Fatalli is rebounding finally but the Datil is still looking kinda ugly. I also was using the Botanicare 3 part solution of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow and Bloom for Soil, Liquid Karma (8 Ounces) bottles. Made solution as directed and added to plants once a week. Then thought that it was too much nutes and quit adding it now for about 3 weeks but substituted food for Miracle Gro shake N Feed which I believe is 10-10-10. I also just added some Lime in the garden yesterday to boost the Ph a little. I didn't add alot. I hope this would help with any imbalance in the soil. So, lost as to what the issue really is. So, back to the originial theory, that I am "over caring" for my plants too much.

You're overdoing it, I think. I use good amended soil and fertilize about once every three weeks. I've never messed with lime and definitely recommend doing a soil pH test. Peppers like to be on the acidic side......

Do the foliar spray with dilute epsom salts and quit loving them so much.

Back