DATIL WITHDRAWL IN ASHEVILLE, NC

Just joined up and wanted to say I love this site. Was relocated to NC from Florida (where I had the best pepper garden and selection ever , just walked outside picked off the tree , miss the conditions to grow) . My plants are starting to grow and almost ready to transplant, and am waiting to taste my Datils and Fatalii peppers. Feel like I am in withdrawl.

I may be in the minority, but nothing tastes better to me than a not so ripe (green /yellow) datil. I am literally drooling thinking about it. I was craving peppers so much, just ordered a pound of datil powder and 12 assorted new plants. Not sure what is wrong with me.May go inside and mainline a bottle of Melindas.

If anyone has any growing tips or experiences related to this area of the country, please share. Look forward to talking and reading your posts.

Thanks for having me!

Kip

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

And feel free to come down to St. Augustine, that's where Datils grow naturally :)

I would pick up my plants there when I lived in Cocoa Beach area. There was a guy also up there selling the super datil which I had as well. Not so sure it was a true datil , reminded me more of the bhut jolokia but he was calling it the super datil.

Thanks again! If you know of any great datil sauces, always up for that. We are very limited here in Asheville.

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

Just joined up and wanted to say I love this site. Was relocated to NC from Florida (where I had the best pepper garden and selection ever , just walked outside picked off the tree , miss the conditions to grow) . My plants are starting to grow and almost ready to transplant, and am waiting to taste my Datils and Fatalii peppers. Feel like I am in withdrawl.

I may be in the minority, but nothing tastes better to me than a not so ripe (green /yellow) datil. I am literally drooling thinking about it. I was craving peppers so much, just ordered a pound of datil powder and 12 assorted new plants. Not sure what is wrong with me.May go inside and mainline a bottle of Melindas.

If anyone has any growing tips or experiences related to this area of the country, please share. Look forward to talking and reading your posts.

Thanks for having me!

Kip

:welcome: from the U.P. of Michigan. Yes, you are in good company for pepper junkies, some of us are in need of rehab, haha! I love Datils, too, they add nice fruity-spice, and are not overwhelmingly hot.

Back