• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Datil

This will be my third straight season trying to grow datils. So far this is the only variety that I have grown that hasn't produced a single pod. Its so frustrating because I have had them fresh and they are wonderful.

This will be my third straight season trying to grow datils. So far this is the only variety that I have grown that hasn't produced a single pod. Its so frustrating because I have had them fresh and they are wonderful.

This is exactly the experience i had with Datil which made me give up 2 years ago. Maybe its time to start afresh, maybe my skills have improved.

I would gladly grow some true Datils for people here in the swamp, since my Red Datils do well why wouldn't true Datils? I also would gladly trade some seeds for some true Datil seeds.

I have two Datil plants that are about 4 years old now. They are about 3 feet tall and about as wide. They are good peppers habanero like heat and nice flavor. My plants produce tons. Way more than I can use. I make pineapple and peach sauces with them everyone at my work loves. I've made corn bread with them too, it's pretty good. I give shopping bags full of them all summer to a guy I know at the local flea market to use in his Cajun boiled peanuts in exchange for boiled peanuts lol

The Datil are the two in the ground, the one in the Lowes bucket was my Serrano but it died this fall. A nasty stinkbug infestation messed it up good then the last freeze killed it even though it was covered with a light. :(

DSC_0048.jpg

This was a typical haul every couple months. This was what I picked in October.

136037_457280634310115_910338080_o.jpg

can I move in with you?

Back