• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Datils...

So I made the mistake of asking for a source for Datil seeds on another forum last week and people got very defensive and angrily told me to just go buy started plants. Weird but anyway I'm sure someone has a good source for Datil seeds here? Im sure I could find some on the Internet just wanted to try looking here seems like an appropriate venue!!! Haha thanks.

Pepper Joe carries Datil seeds and is a known vendor on these forums.

I know you can also get Datil seeds from Amazon, just look for good seller ratings.

Cool ill check out pepper joe.
I have lots of seeds to trade if anyone would be interested in that. I know I'm in the Datil heartland here just curious. Anyone growing them on here?

MM

With your proximity to St. Augustine, I recommend driving down there and buying some plants. As you know, they were cultivated there and are used extensively in Minorcan recipes. If you look around, I'm sure you have a better chance of getting the "real deal".

IMHO

Bob

i have both regular datils and sweet datil for sale-----4 inch and gallons ---$3.00...I raised them from seed at my university.... Come by Ace Hardware on US1 south in St Augustine and Ill set u up. Ill even throw in some good datil seeds too. And if u get real daring get one of my trinidad scorpian plants for $5...

Hope this helps!

ed
staugiehotpeppers.com

Yeah a trip to st Augustine is overdue I will check it out down there. I've been there but never on a plant finding mission.

StAugieHotPeppers said:
i have both regular datils and sweet datil for sale-----4 inch and gallons ---$3.00...I raised them from seed at my university.... Come by Ace Hardware on US1 south in St Augustine and Ill set u up. Ill even throw in some good datil seeds too. And if u get real daring get one of my trinidad scorpian plants for $5...

Hope this helps!

ed
staugiehotpeppers.com

Well well, I wish I would have known you had some plants for sale in St. Augustine. I also live in Jacksonville and am in the market for some plants... 

Hope this helps!

ed
staugiehotpeppers.com

Deal when can I come?

Ed -

Will you be there on Saturday? I would like to purchase 3 Trinidad Scorpion plants....and maybe 1-2 other varieties, if you have them. I already have 4 datil plants going and producing. Let me know, and I'll make the short drive from the Palatka area.

Rattlesnake Blues
(John)

I am at   Ace Hardware ----3050 US 1 South------ after 2 Pm Friday
Saturday 10-5
Sunday  9-5

You can pay for datils anyway u want but the scorpiAN plants r cash.

I live a minute AWAY FROM ACE SO GIVE ME A CALL AND i WILL SCOOT OVER THERE IF THESE HOURS arent convenient for you.

Or u can come over my house and see some of my scorpians Im growing.

Ed
staugiehotpeppers.com
904  814-1633

You can also check with PepperRich he's in FL and sells fresh pods by the pound as well - He was selling them last year anyway

Attachments

• DSCF0699.jpg
    DSCF0699.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 40
StAugieHotPeppers said:
I am at   Ace Hardware ----3050 US 1 South------ after 2 Pm Friday
Saturday 10-5
Sunday  9-5

You can pay for datils anyway u want but the scorpiAN plants r cash.

I live a minute AWAY FROM ACE SO GIVE ME A CALL AND i WILL SCOOT OVER THERE IF THESE HOURS arent convenient for you.

Or u can come over my house and see some of my scorpians Im growing.

Ed
staugiehotpeppers.com
904  814-1633

Hey Ed,

Met up with you on Sunday with my buddy on the way to Daytona. Thanks for the Scorp plants, they look great! I'll see if I can make it down there one of these Saturdays, I'd love to see your grow area sometime as well!

Back