• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Day 6 and looks the same?

Day 6 of my grow log and they still look the same and I have a glass over the seedlings so they can have a green house effect.

Am I doing anything wrong? I've been watering them since day one.

Do they need to be watered everyday? What's the temp in your "greenhouse"?

Without pictures it's difficult to know if anything is wrong or if you're just letting impatience get the better of you.

Pam said:
Do they need to be watered everyday? What's the temp in your "greenhouse"?

Without pictures it's difficult to know if anything is wrong or if you're just letting impatience get the better of you.
Well I've been watering them every single day, and I've just planted them in a container I'm going to use until they get a little bigger,

I hope I didn't ruin them or anything.

By the way Pam, I may be impatience , and I don't know temp probably is high since its 77 degree's in the apartment and the heat is completely off.

I was thinking about putting the planted seedlings in the microwave when I'm not using it.

imaguitargod said:
Most pepeprs focus on root growth first before major upper growth, epecially if they are in decent sized pots.
Root growth?

And when you mean pods? do you mean the seeds them self?

All I know about day 4 they sprouted some tiny little black tail and they didn't do anything else, Now on day 6 they've still have the tail but I've just transplanted them today..

I hope I didn't screw up.

PhatMan,

You can use just about anything for a pot, at least until the plants get quite large. A Styrofoam beverage cup, containers that yogurt or ice cream comes in, plastic soda bottles.

I would also wait at least until the seedlings have their first true set of leaves before transplanting. The ones I transplanted today have 3-4 sets of leaves.

Mike

wordwiz said:
PhatMan,

You can use just about anything for a pot, at least until the plants get quite large. A Styrofoam beverage cup, containers that yogurt or ice cream comes in, plastic soda bottles.

I would also wait at least until the seedlings have their first true set of leaves before transplanting. The ones I transplanted today have 3-4 sets of leaves.

Mike
A little late, I just hope I didn't ruin the process!

Hope you didn't either, but you still have time to start again if you have to. You have about 13 weeks, minimum, until you can plant out.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Hope you didn't either, but you still have time to start again if you have to. You have about 13 weeks, minimum, until you can plant out.

Mike
Thank you Mike, I have a full bag of seeds that I've purchased from the store the other day so I'm not worried, I will have to ask my mom for some more potting soil.

And hell Trial & error is the best learning experience you can have.

Peppers don't like wet feet. They don't need to be watered every day unless they're drying out every day.

Overwatering is one of the easiest ways to kill peppers. You'd be better off letting them wilt before watering than watering too much. At least from my experience i've found it best to err on the side of too little water with as opposed to too much.

Txclosetgrower said:
Peppers don't like wet feet. They don't need to be watered every day unless they're drying out every day.

Overwatering is one of the easiest ways to kill peppers. You'd be better off letting them wilt before watering than watering too much. At least from my experience i've found it best to err on the side of too little water with as opposed to too much.
I water them once a day with a spoon you eat with!

I don't think that may be too much water specially for about 6-8 seedlings?

Ok, let's back up a second. Were your seeds in pots with dirt, or were you germinating in a paper towel or something? I'm getting the feeling we're not all talking about the same thing. If, on Day 4 they germinated and you planted them in soil on Day 6, you're probably fine,

Pam said:
Ok, let's back up a second. Were your seeds in pots with dirt, or were you germinating in a paper towel or something? I'm getting the feeling we're not all talking about the same thing. If, on Day 4 they germinated and you planted them in soil on Day 6, you're probably fine,
Yes with a paper towel, then I transplanted the seeds into a small container with soil I borrowed from another plant I have.

Don't worry the other plant has a lot of soil and is doing fine!

Ok, that's why everyone was worried about the water, I think. They thought they were in dirt and you were watering them everyday.

This may be an issue of being patient after all.

Pam said:
Ok, that's why everyone was worried about the water, I think. They thought they were in dirt and you were watering them everyday.

This may be an issue of being patient after all.
I hope so :)

by the way my other plant is alaveria plant and its in generation 3 mode.

My mom has gen 2 and my aunt has the first gen 1. It's pretty cool to see a plant that can be cut up and transplanted into a new pot and grow like mad...

PhatManDerek said:
I hope so :)

by the way my other plant is alaveria plant and its in generation 3 mode.

My mom has gen 2 and my aunt has the first gen 1. It's pretty cool to see a plant that can be cut up and transplanted into a new pot and grow like mad...

Is that the same as an aloe vera?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera

The one I had for years up and died last summer, but I did manage to root off a baby.

Back