De-Seeding & Placenta removal tool

I have always disliked this task...(much like de-stemming strawberries),it's boring and time consuming.
I always thought there ought to be a better way to de-seed and remove the placenta and white "bitter" membrane inside chile's.

Then, while at the market picking out a package of some fresh strawberries recently, Voila'...there it was.

DSCF0164-1.jpg

Maybe some of you all have seen or used one of these strawberry gadgets before.
But this little tool, for a mere $1.49, is easy to use and reduces the chile cleaning/prep time for me by at least 50%.
It is sharpened on the tip end, works like a mini-melon baller(can't wait for the response's to that description),and completely removes all the white membrane down to the flesh of the pepper.
After buying my first one and soon after realizing how well it works, I promptly returned the next day and picked up several more.

Havent made an announcement on the forum yet, but I just started carrying the Pepper Shark on my website. Great tool. Specifically designed to deseed and devein any pepper you can think of.

Here is a pic, and a little description. There arent any pictures of the new edition sharks up, but I have some personal pictures of mine with the new design.

•Heavy Duty 100% Stainless Steel Construction -- Buy it for Life!
•Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
•Optimum Design for removing seeds/veins with precision
•Utility work-point (business end of the tool) far away from fingers and hands
•Elongated Design fits even the slimmest of peppers with ease
•Working point away from hands to eliminate contact with hot oils, juice, seed matter
•Light weight
•Dishwasher safe (it's stainless)
•Simple yet highly efficient
•Laser etched PepperShark logo for durability and lifetime wear.

PepperShark3.jpg

PepperShark2.jpg

And here is one of the new design.
PepperShark111.jpg

Still working on the lighting for all of the new pictures, but its a good view of the new handle.

If anybody is interested in getting one, I have them available at my website.

I only take the guts out for poppers, otherwise for cooking purposes I use the whole pepper. The placenta is all the flavor (and heat)!

That being said, I may invest in one of these, cause I sure do love poppers :)

Back