shipping Dealing with FedEx Drivers??

I've got this issue with our FedEx guy.. Almost every time he delivers stuff, he just tosses, throws, or drops the package(s) on the concrete stoop.. I've tried talking to him about it, and he just denies it.. "I didn't/don't/never do that." The sickest part is there is a table right there he could set the majority of it on, without having to bend or anything.

Then you try to complain to FedEx about it, and I can't seem to figure out how to do it? If I call the service line, I eventually end up with someone with a foreign accent who announces themselves, asks me what my concern is, and then puts me in some eternal holding que.. Without another peep. I don't even think they listen to what you respond with, just immediately dropped in the holding que. The first time I called, I thought it was just a bad communications day, but this is how it goes every time I call. If you try online, they get the tracking number and then tell you to contact the vendor for a refund, with no other options.

Just wondering how I fix this, aside from doing things that aren't necessarily acceptable in our society.. There has to be a better approach than these. With the days getting darker, so are my thoughts of how to resolve this. Surely, someone has gone thru this here?
Thanks.

This guy has a been unprofessional and uncaring from day one.. If I slip this guy anything, it'll probably be gift wrapped in my boot. The USPS guy and the ladies at the Post office, however, are a different story.

If you want to make a complaint, you should call while the driver is working, and try to find the number for the local hub. Then, ask for the Shift Supervisor. No 1-800 call bureaucracy, cut to the chase.

If you could install a camera to capture how good this smart ass is doing his "job" and show him the next time he comes to your house, I think it might do the trick. If not, you'll have a solid proof to back your complaint over FedEx. Then you could even post the video on your favorite social media if nothing changes.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the camera also. Definitely get ahold of the local distribution hub.

And definitely tip your regular people that do good work. I tip with sauces....several different delivery companies (ups, freight, ) usps, wholesale supply houses, the local utility workers... ( we are electrical contractors and deal directly with 2 local electrical utilities. Sometimes we need them urgently, sometimes we have to cancel jobs...)

They know i am the sauce maker and most enjoy it. Except for that one guy who thinks catsup is hot....:rolleyes:

I used to gift to the trash collectors when there was the guy riding on the back of the truck and tossing the cans in, but now it is just a guy in the cab and the robo-arm.

And definitely tip your regular people that do good work.

Couldn't agree more!

We try to take care of our service industry people.. Often tipping above par. I've made a couple attempts to gift stuff to the Postal People, but they haven't taken us up, so we are planning to just get them a little something this year. We really appreciate having services like InstaCart now, and try to take care of those people on the front end.. Provided they take care of their end. I think if you polled our delivery people here, they'd agree we are a good stop to get.

Also don't think my post was assuming you don't tip. I was just saying, maybe you can bribe this guy into shape lol. You know, that kill them with kindness trick.

If you could install a camera to capture how good this smart ass is doing his "job" and show him the next time he comes to your house, I think it might do the trick. If not, you'll have a solid proof to back your complaint over FedEx. Then you could even post the video on your favorite social media if nothing changes.

I was thinking about the camera also. Definitely get ahold of the local distribution hub.

And definitely tip your regular people that do good work. I tip with sauces....several different delivery companies (ups, freight, ) usps, wholesale supply houses, the local utility workers... ( we are electrical contractors and deal directly with 2 local electrical utilities. Sometimes we need them urgently, sometimes we have to cancel jobs...)

They know i am the sauce maker and most enjoy it. Except for that one guy who thinks catsup is hot....:rolleyes:

I used to gift to the trash collectors when there was the guy riding on the back of the truck and tossing the cans in, but now it is just a guy in the cab and the robo-arm.
Ring camera a great idea:

Back