• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Decent novelty sauce

My dad travels all over the country and often picks up random hot/bbq sauces for me.
As he's never one to pass up a good fart joke, he got me a bottle of Professor Phardtpounders' Colon Cleaner Hot Sauce when he was recently in Texas.
DSC00323.jpg

I thought it was just going to be a worthless novelty sauce, but then I saw it was non-extract Scotch Bonnet based.
It's got a really good mustardy bonnet flavor and has fairly decent heat.
The heat won't blow you away by any means, but it's definitely there and has a nice lingering whole mouth bonnet burn.
Here's a photo of the seeds and chunkies in the sauce. It's got a really nice not too thick, not too thin consistency.
DSC00325.jpg

I've seen that here at our local grocery store. I wouldn't mind a good hot sauce that doesn't taste like you've bitten your tongue. You know, that overpowering metallic taste of extract Blah! Hopefully I'll have a good enough crop to start experimenting with my own hot sauces later this season. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle later this week.

Blister said:
I've seen that here at our local grocery store. I wouldn't mind a good hot sauce that doesn't taste like you've bitten your tongue. You know, that overpowering metallic taste of extract Blah! Hopefully I'll have a good enough crop to start experimenting with my own hot sauces later this season. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle later this week.

I put it on some brats last night with some kraut and it works as a great alternative to mustard. No metallic taste at all, but you need to use a fairly healthy dose of it to get a good amount of heat.

Back