Deep fryers

Who knows why? Maybe the unit was faulty and the factory fixed them all. At least that's better than ones people returned in my opinion.

Ok, I guess I have the answer to my question. This fryer was only sold at/on HSN and is currently "SOLD OUT" as Dan has mentioned the refurbished ones were the ones sent back either due to defects or as returns. They were then sent back to the factory for inspection and "refurbishing".

This was copied from the Ebay store, which also has it's own web site "When a product is refurbished, it is made to look like and operate as a brand new item should. Many times it is as simple as the box being opened by mistake or for quality checks. Once the box has been opened, that item cannot be sold as new. Items with serious malfunctions are not refurbished, it would cost too much to refurbish them to 'like new' condition. Each refurbished item we feature is completely inspected, rerun down the production line and triple checked for quality before being packed and shipped. Most of the time the only difference between new and refurbished is the brown box and the lower price, which is your gain as an educated consumer. We are so confident with the quality of our refurbished items that we offer a full 30 day return policy with every purchase, so buy with confidence!"

I think I'm more inclined to buy from them instead of Ebay. I think I'll get this one. I can't wait!

That store you linked too is the same ebay seller ;)

Cheaper from them one ebay.

The new one in that last auction has HSN on the box.

HSN probably had this fryer as an Exclusive. I bet what happened was they had to be reboxed because they were in HSN boxes, and they didn't sell them all, and returned them to the manufacturer. There's really no other explanation for the entire market being refurbished.

Just an idea.

Oh it was free shipping on their website too, cool!

PF I usually don't buy refurbished either but in this case it looks like the deal. I really think it's a reboxing issue, and they had to repack in the regular Wolfgang boxes, or something.

Can't wait! This thing looks awesome.

Dude look how much you saved!

Plus you can see it in action.

Now I'm considering one. I'm not in a rush though, I look forward to your review.

...and I can't wait to give it either. I have been researching fryers for several days now and most of Thanksgiving day, since it was so slow at work. This one, like you said, looks like a really good one and after reading all of the reviews, sounds like a great deal. Thanks for your help.

They both appear to hold 12 cups so I'd probably get the one basket type unless you like to deep fry two different things at once which probably isn't a great idea anyways

I do and I would.

There's no damn way I'd buy a single basket fryer. It's a uni-tasker.....and if I may paraphrase TB: You might as well use a cast iron vessel.

If you can't cook more than one thing at a time....why bother?

Hey don't get upset I'm just making a suggestion dude. In my opinion not everything cooks at the same temperature, and I don't usually want the flavors of the different foods to mix in the fryers unless you like everything tasting like fish or onion rings. I'd rather be able to do one full basket of something instead of 2 half batches

That looks like a good fryer nice, and deep (definately deeper than mine for bigger stuff) and a great price. Talking about all those deep fried goodies, yum, yum and those egg rolls, can see why they won a TD.

Hey don't get upset I'm just making a suggestion dude. In my opinion not everything cooks at the same temperature, and I don't usually want the flavors of the different foods to mix in the fryers unless you like everything tasting like fish or onion rings. I'd rather be able to do one full basket of something instead of 2 half batches

:D

I wasn't upset! It's all good, I assure you. ;) You might say that I don't even have a fritter in this fight...:rofl:

But since you mention it, If I'm making fish AND say......fries or onion rings....I'm not going to prepare two seperate vessels to fry in.

The two 1/2 order statement is a very valid point....but I use one giant pot and 2 gallons of oil. :lol:

:woohoo: FedEx has arrived today dropping of a bigger box than need for my belt buckle I have on order and sure enough it was my fryer. :onfire: :woohoo:

Now, I just have to wait for payday and a run to the grocery store for an ingredient run before I get to play with this. However, my first impressions are that it is very well made and they seemed to take all considerations of use and cleanup when designing this fryer, as everything comes apart and can be cleaned. It even has an oil drain, which will make draining a lot easier than having to pour the thing.

I can tell you though, this modern piece of kitchen contraption is not going to be replacing my Cast Iron. I'm looking at this gadget as an accessory to my CI. Now I can fry up a batch of onion rings while I fry up a nice Chicken breast in the CI or whatever. :woohoo:

Boo where's the unveiling pics you promised? :tear:

Everything unassembled

DSCF4459.jpg

DSCF4458.jpg

All put together, which takes less than a minute. Cleaning is as simple as draining the oil, taking everything apart and tossing in the dishwasher. It doesn't get easier than that.
DSCF4457.jpg

I'll have some action shots this weekend for sure! ;)

Back