• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

DEFCON 0

[/quote]Thanks for entrusting me as a taster. It was an interesting experience. Regarding the flavor of extract, yours is milder than most. I don't really think of the extract taste as a chemical taste. To me, if you were to take a heat level...say, 1000 degrees....and assign a flavor that best connotes that heat level, the flavor that extract imparts would be that taste. It is the taste of heat.

While I have not tried that many extract sauces (maybe about 20) I've tried enough to recognize the flavor of extract. As I said in my review, you have discovered a way to tone the flavor down a bit....something only one other extract sauce that I have tasted has managed to do. Kudos to you. You do a wonderful job.[/quote]

As a possible chili head in the making, May I ask what the other extract sauce is??? Frank

Tinner, the ZERO is just a little vessel of our own distillate. The #1 sauce incorporates this distillate into our wing sauce. The end result of the #1 is a very flavorful sauce (as the reviews have pointed out), with a healthy kick to the back of the throat. And enough of a lag time before the heat kicks in to have some people consume even more, thnking it's not as hot as they thought. At that point I like to sit back and enjoy the show. :D

I'm still too sick to want to try anything. Staff had compared your sauce to one other extract of comparable flavor/taste/heat. I probably wasn't too clear with my question. And thanks, I got my samples from you. Can hardly wait to get well and taste them. Frank :D

DEFCON Creator said:
Tinner, the ZERO is just a little vessel of our own distillate. The #1 sauce incorporates this distillate into our wing sauce. The end result of the #1 is a very flavorful sauce (as the reviews have pointed out), with a healthy kick to the back of the throat. And enough of a lag time before the heat kicks in to have some people consume even more, thnking it's not as hot as they thought. At that point I like to sit back and enjoy the show. :lol:

I thought I was a sadist... I'm starting to think you're worse than me!

tinner666 said:
I'm still too sick to want to try anything. Staff had compared your sauce to one other extract of comparable flavor/taste/heat. I probably wasn't too clear with my question. And thanks, I got my samples from you. Can hardly wait to get well and taste them. Frank :lol:

Sorry for the lag, tinner. I've been buried in school work. The other sauce that masks the flavor of extract well is called Endorphin Rush. Now that I think of it, another exists as well, called Toxic Waste. Both are extremely hot, but the aftertaste is capsaicin....not a chemical one. Both are good sauces. I like DEFCON 0 as well, and look forward to going into negative integers.

Josh

DEFCON Creator said:
It sort of is. We just haven't put it up on the site yet. Consider it a sneak peek of things to come. As I stated, we are currently working on the NEGATIVE 1 concoction. It should rank at least 3 times the warmth.
:roll: what ya gonna do bottle pure acid??? :shock: You say it's not on your site yet....when will it be? I gonna have to try the DEFCON 0 after reading all the great reviews. Not to mention some good laughs! Tina that was cruel giving it to your 13 year old!!! LOL hell what am I talkin about...my 2 year old will probably wanna try it. She already likes Jalepenos... :lol:

Nah, if I did that, my customer base would succumb to the 'perpetual sleep virus'.

I have always found it funny, and yes a bit strange, that for some the hotter the better. A bit masochistical perhaps, and at the same time a bit sadistical on my part watching those who claim, "you can't make it hot enough" (meanwhile flexing his muscles in front of his girlfriend) attempt to hide the fact that their tongue is melting and the magma in his mouth is only getting hotter (kind of a cool side effect actually).

That being said, the ZERO will be available shortly. We are in the middle of a big move to a big house, and things are downright chaotic right now to say the least. I haven't had a chance to update the site in some time. As I stated in the PM, I may have a bottle or 2 of the ZERO laying around somewhere, so if you're interested, I gave you the particulars. If and when you do get it, please be careful with it, and DO NOT give it to your 2 year old! As you have seen from posts around here, the stuff is mean.

No problem...I don't think my 2 year old is ready for this stuff yet... :roll: Not to mention the butt beating I would get from my wife :shock: Yes I will be getting a bottle from ya soon!!!! :lol:

DEFCON Creator said:
Nah, if I did that, my customer base would succumb to the 'perpetual sleep virus'.

I have always found it funny, and yes a bit strange, that for some the hotter the better. A bit masochistical perhaps, and at the same time a bit sadistical on my part watching those who claim, "you can't make it hot enough" (meanwhile flexing his muscles in front of his girlfriend) attempt to hide the fact that their tongue is melting and the magma in his mouth is only getting hotter (kind of a cool side effect actually).

That being said, the ZERO will be available shortly. We are in the middle of a big move to a big house, and things are downright chaotic right now to say the least. I haven't had a chance to update the site in some time. As I stated in the PM, I may have a bottle or 2 of the ZERO laying around somewhere, so if you're interested, I gave you the particulars. If and when you do get it, please be careful with it, and DO NOT give it to your 2 year old! As you have seen from posts around here, the stuff is mean.

I know what you mean. I am not one of those people who thrive on pain. At the same time, I don't think I've ever experienced the endorphin rush that I have heard others claim to experience. I like it hot; no doubt about it. But I kind of worked up to it. My regular table sauce is Matouk's Flambeau Sauce, and not just because of the heat. It is very flavorful if you like the taste of scotch bonnets (that's about the only ingredient). It is also very economical, costing no more than Tabasco ounce for ounce ( no comparison, btw...Matouk's is awesome)
If you notice from my posts, I will never claim that there is no such thing as too hot. Neither will I tempt a producer like you, oh mighty DEFCON Creator, with a phrase like "you can't fry my mouth". Statements like this generally arise from ignorance and lack of experience; underestimating the hot sauce creator or chef is not a good idea.
I love hot sauces, and lean toward the higher heat levels, but I respect each new sauce I try.

Well stated,
But it's a good thing that the testosterone-filled intelligence-challenged individuals do exist, even if it is for the sole purpose of our enjoyment at their expense. :D

DEFCON Creator said:
Well stated,
But it's a good thing that the testosterone-filled intelligence-challenged individuals do exist, even if it is for the sole purpose of our enjoyment at their expense. :D

I couldn't agree more.

There is nothing more satisfying than having the macho male come into my booth with his girlfriend, taste the hurricane, turn bright red, tears in his eyes, tell me it's not hot, then when I suggest his girlfriend taste it, he replies, "oh she can't eat that, that would kill her".

Yeah... but it's not hot... riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Staffing said it comes from "ignorance"... I say it comes from "arrogance" and if Hurricane isn't hot... then the guy SHOULD be eating Defcon 0 on a spoon. His death, not mine. :oops:

As for hurting my 13 year old... she likes it. ;)

T

Ignorance is not knowing what you're getting yourself into, and getting a reality check.

Arrogance is 'thinking' you are invincible to our friend Capsaicin, and then looking like a complete goober, when the big C wins game, set and match.

The hottest stuff I've ever tried was The Source
at 7.1 million SHUs.

It was at the Austin Hot Sauce Festival back in August. One of the booths was giving out samples by putting drops on toothpicks and then you could touch the toothpick to your tounge. It took a bit to build, but after 2 minutes it felt like a red-hot spike was being driven through my tounge. It hurt like hell but it was quite a rush.

The girl at the booth was surprised to see me back for a second helping. After my third trip she was laughing at me. I ended up doing it 4 times, just because I liked the rush.

my wife tried it too. Bless her heart. She couldn't see or hear for about 10 minutes. :D [/url]

chuk hell said:
The hottest stuff I've ever tried was The Source
at 7.1 million SHUs.

It was at the Austin Hot Sauce Festival back in August. One of the booths was giving out samples by putting drops on toothpicks and then you could touch the toothpick to your tounge. It took a bit to build, but after 2 minutes it felt like a red-hot spike was being driven through my tounge. It hurt like hell but it was quite a rush.

The girl at the booth was surprised to see me back for a second helping. After my third trip she was laughing at me. I ended up doing it 4 times, just because I liked the rush.

my wife tried it too. Bless her heart. She couldn't see or hear for about 10 minutes. :D [/url]

Oh, I like that. I shouldn't feed it to my chilihead daughter but it's ok to feed it to your poor wussy, non-chilihead wife???

And they say "I'M" a sadist?

lol

DEFCON Creator said:
What's wrong with being a sadist? It's fun to watch the public writhe in tantalizing agony. :oops:

whereas that statement is quite true, I'm not so much into hurting the people I like.

I'll gladly hurt a stranger and often do. :D

Back