• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon 1 = Goood eatin!

Well I got a chance to try out some Def 1 today at lunch. I decided that I couldn't wait any longer so I tried it out on some chicken strips. I know, I know, but like I said, I couldn't wait anymore. Anyway...

The sauce wasn't as hot as I expected but it did have some heat. The flavor was spot on in my humble opinion. I was curious about the butter as an ingredient and I can now understand why it was added. It not only adds flavor but also a smoothness that not many other sauces have, an excellent choice. The only drawback, if you can call it one, is that since it's dairy it shortens the shelf life of the product. Of course that statement is based upon the assumption that a bottle lasts more than 1 sitting.

Now I just have to get a chance to cook up those drummies and try out some Def 2. :cheers:

Thanks for the good words Paul. Actually, the dairy ingredient is 'clarified' butter, due to the hot bottling, thus extending the shelf life for 8-9 months. I'd would however, throw it in the fridge after opening.

Defcon hits 5 bottles :cheers:

P_Schneider said:
The sauce wasn't as hot as I expected but it did have some heat. The flavor was spot on in my humble opinion.

Well Paul, your timing is quite uncanny. This week I discussed the #1 with the wife, and we have decided to drastically increase the heat (by about 50%), due to popular demand. Don't expect to see it for a few months, but it's up next. And as a side note, we have decided to do the retro thing, and once again package the #2 in 16 ounce medicine/chemical bottles, as opposed to the 8 ounce. Once again, due to popular demand. We're doing a limited run of about 200 bottles, so once they are available, I'll let everyone know, and we'll see how well they fly off the shelf. And, as always, each #2 bottle is signed personally by The Creator.

P_Schneider said:
Well I got a chance to try out some Def 1 today at lunch. I decided that I couldn't wait any longer so I tried it out on some chicken strips. I know, I know, but like I said, I couldn't wait anymore. Anyway...

The sauce wasn't as hot as I expected but it did have some heat. The flavor was spot on in my humble opinion. I was curious about the butter as an ingredient and I can now understand why it was added. It not only adds flavor but also a smoothness that not many other sauces have, an excellent choice. The only drawback, if you can call it one, is that since it's dairy it shortens the shelf life of the product. Of course that statement is based upon the assumption that a bottle lasts more than 1 sitting.

Now I just have to get a chance to cook up those drummies and try out some Def 2. :cheers:

Killed a bottle of DEFCON ONE on Sunday at a friends BBQ. Flavor is excellent!

DEFCON Creator said:
Well Paul, your timing is quite uncanny. This week I discussed the #1 with the wife, and we have decided to drastically increase the heat (by about 50%), due to popular demand. Don't expect to see it for a few months, but it's up next. And as a side note, we have decided to do the retro thing, and once again package the #2 in 16 ounce medicine/chemical bottles, as opposed to the 8 ounce. Once again, due to popular demand. We're doing a limited run of about 200 bottles, so once they are available, I'll let everyone know, and we'll see how well they fly off the shelf. And, as always, each #2 bottle is signed personally by The Creator.

Cool - more sauce to buy. When my wife throws me out i'm coming to live with you creator :cool: :cheers:

bubbaschili said:
don't give the reality shows any ideas could you imagine if they stuck all of us in a house somewhere and taped it for tv???
Hmmm.....since I live in Hollywood, I may take that idea for my own use...

Project Title: The Hot House
Premise: 8 of the wackiest chili-heads crammed in a house in the Hollywood Hills with vast fresh peppers at their disposal. They will compete inb three different areas; "Best Chili Creations"(Bubba would win this), "Best Hot Sauce Combos", and "Can Handle The Most Heat".
Hook: People screaming in pain from eating the hottest peppers every night...people love to see others in "funny" pain situations.

imaguitargod said:
Premise: 8 of the wackiest chili-heads crammed in a house in the Hollywood Hills with vast fresh peppers at their disposal.
...and no toilet. See what happens!

:shocked:

DEFCON Creator said:

Sounds good to me!

Back